News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Duffel for Folding Step Thru or Mini 4

Started by StPretz, March 08, 2021, 06:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

StPretz

Hi,

I have a folding Mini 4 and expect to receive a folding step thru for my wife in the next few weeks. 

I will be putting the bikes in the back of the car for outings....just about every time I use them, so I am really interested in finding a duffel bag that I can zip a folding bike into so that it doesn't get beat-up riding around with the other bike and luggage.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Steve

erik

Don't know about a duffel bag, need something with secure handles to be able to wrestle the bikes into place.   

As for putting the bikes into the back of a car, that would depend on how much room you have.   We put our bikes into Craftsman 50 gal size totes with wheels on one end.  Easy to roll around.

However they go into our trailer, not the back of a car.

StPretz

I will look around to see if I can find some of the "totes"....I guess we don't need Sears to get Craftsman tools! 

Thanks,
Steve

erik

Lowes sells the Craftsman totes.   Not all Lowes stock the 50 gal. size - we had to visit three stores before we found what we wanted.  Note that the handlebar stem won't fold into the tote - it'll either hang off the side or stay upright as in the photos.  That's the position that works for fitting in our Airstream, but for fitting into the cargo area of a car/SUV you'll want to drop the handlebars down.    The bike is a tad wider than the tote, but the sides of the tote spring outward when the bike is dropped in.

We have some soft duffel bags for folding bikes we got from Camping World some years ago.  We still have them but they're awkward to handle, don't think they could cope with the weight of an electric bike.

DoCi

We use Sterilite 50 gallon tote, purchased from Walmart for our rad mini 4 and rad mini ST 2. We can put both our two bikes in their tote in our Subaru Forester.

Raxel641

We bought the Craftsman totes as well. Like another poster mentioned, not all Lowe's carry them. We bought 2 and we carry them in the back of our Traverse. One thing though, they are a little tight height wise getting in past the roof. You will need to tilt them to the side a little. Once past the roof though, there's plenty of height.