News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Bike mount options for GMC Sierra truck bed

Started by atxbikeguy, June 14, 2021, 09:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

atxbikeguy

Hello all,

New member here, new owner of a Rad Rover 5 & Rad Runner Plus. I am wanting to carry the bikes in the back of my 2018 GMC Sierra with some sort of fork mount. I found another topic regarding a rack that worked for the F-150, just wanted to see if anyone knew of something that would work with my truck.

I tried ordering some cheapo fork mounts (100mm) on Amazon and they were way too small for these bikes. I was looking to either put some fork mounts on a 2x6 in the back of the truck or use some type of cross bar that is manufactured specifically for these trucks and strapping the rear of the bikes down with an additional strap across the back racks somehow for stability. I do not want to fork over $500 for the hollywood hitch mount when I have a truck bed that i'd feel much more comfortable carrying these things in :) Do they make fork mounts that are for... what are these 140mm forks? 150mm? I'm not sure what point you measure from.

Or if fork mounts aren't available for this size, I suppose I could always try to find some sort of spacer... or try a completely different mount altogether, i'm open to options!

I had my eyes on these: https://www.etrailer.com/Truck-Bed-Bike-Racks/RockyMounts/RKY1084.html not really sure why the lock appeals to me when i'm using a quick release, lol.

Thanks in advance!

CG31

Hey the Kuat Phat 9 fork mounts will work for the Radrovers. You just have to use your own skewers or buy an extra one. I bought them on Etrailer.

chrias

Why not use a motorcycle wheel chock and strap it down like a motorcycle? That way you don't have to remove the wheel.