News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Center Console

Started by Mkelley444, April 14, 2021, 12:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Mkelley444

Anyone want  a center console for half off? I bought it a month ago but I'm going to use the large basket accessory instead.

handlebar

Quote from: Mkelley444 on April 14, 2021, 12:22:24 PM
Anyone want  a center console for half off? I bought it a month ago but I'm going to use the large basket accessory instead.

I've got a useless center console, too. At 34", it's much higher than I realized. With the passenger seat, I could have swung my heel over the back of the bike, as in mounting a traditional bike with a top tube. That wouldn't work with a crate on the rack.

To mount, I needed to face the bike and raise my heel above 34". It took a week of stretching to learn to goose step that high. Then I rode to the grocery store. Pedaling tightened my thighs so I couldn't raise my heel enough to dismount. I continued back home, managed to scrape my heel back over the console, removed it, and returned to the store.

I wonder what percent of console buyers discover that it's a white elephant for them.

se-riously

I always thought the stepover height was more of an issue if the lid is on.  With the lid off, isn't it the same height as the rear rack?

handlebar

Quote from: se-riously on April 15, 2021, 01:45:22 PM
I always thought the stepover height was more of an issue if the lid is on.  With the lid off, isn't it the same height as the rear rack?

You're right. With the top, it's about 17". Without, it's about 12". I could use it without the lid, but it would invite theft of the contents, and they would have no weather protection. I don't know how to make a flat top for it. If I saw an advantage, I'd mount it without the top. It's about 14 x 6" at the top and tapers toward the bottom, which means it won't hold much. Instead, my fore and aft racks have plastic crates of 12x17". Together, they have more "floor" than a cart at the local supermarket. I can haul two cans of mowing gas, limited only by the weight restriction of the front rack. At a store, I leave my scuffed helmet and scuffed work gloves exposed in a crate, as they would be in an open console.

gtrz07

Quote from: Mkelley444 on April 14, 2021, 12:22:24 PM
Do you still have the console?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk