News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Tannus Tire Liners now available through Rad Power Bikes

Started by Ryan, March 31, 2021, 06:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Ryan

Rad Power Bikes just announced that they are selling Tannus Tire liners directly on their website here: https://bit.ly/3dlV7gx

Many sizes seem to be currently available.

You can also check out my content Tannus Tire Liners here: https://ebikeescape.com/tannus-armour-tire-liner-review-ebikes/

sc00ter

As long as Rad doesn't tack on their crazy shipping charges. I know everyone has to eat but Rad shipping on accessories is $teep!

Altema

I installed my Tannus liners and tubes yesterday. The install went fine, and it was easier for me to take the tire all the way off. It also helps to unpackage the liners and let them get to a semi-normal shape.

I have to say I'm not a fan of the ride though. 22 PSI was way too hard. 18 was still harder than I wanted. 16 PSI was better, but the tires feel dead and lifeless. I guess I'll have to get used to 18 PSI, and take solace that flats are less likely. Ironically, I'm one of those people who almost never gets flats for some reason, despite crunching through broken glass on the RadMini at least twice. On the plus side, the handling is more responsive as long as the pressure is above 16, and the bike does not squirm when riding on top of a line in the pavement. And, I did get a cool pic for Instagram 😉

jbfoster

I put the Tannus Liners on my Rover last year and I could not tell the difference. To me the ride is the same.

Jim

George3

Quote from: jbfoster on April 06, 2021, 05:55:04 PM
I put the Tannus Liners on my Rover last year and I could not tell the difference. To me the ride is the same.

Couple of questions regarding the Tannus. Did you have to cut the liner in order to fit it to the Rover or was it a perfect fit? What psi are you using? And, of course, any flats?

Thanks,

George

jbfoster

I have had no flats. I did not trim the liners. I am doing 29 psi.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sc00ter

I've ridden bicycles all my life, and mopeds, scooters and motorcycles as well. It's part of my DNA to avoid broken glass and other flat threats. I personally don't wanna test the Tannus liners on purpose. But this is my take on them since I use them. Any of you have a beater bmx/runabout bike as a kid? One you just rode the heck out of? Did you ever do the double tire trick? You take a worn out tire and put it inside the new tire to reduce flat risk. I did it with a old beach cruiser and never got a flat. The double tire mod made it a bit heaver to pedal but I was younger so I got used to it. But even then I still tried my best to avoid flat hazards. So the Tannus liners just seem like a modern version of that old double tire trick.