News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Riding with Rusty Roads

Started by Altema, March 26, 2021, 10:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Altema

I was invited to a group ride in York Pennsylvania last weekend, and it was an absolute blast. There were six of us, and the collection of e-bikes was two X-Class Ariel Riders, a Juiced Scorpion, a Juiced Hyper Scrambler 2, a custom bike built by Bomber Marv, and of course one RadMini. We rode through the upper portion of the Heritage Rail Trail, then headed downtown to have lunch before heading back. We were going to complete the whole trail, but the Juiced Scorpion had unexpected battery issues. The trail gets interrupted by the city itself, and that was my first time group riding in traffic using the whole lane.

The Ariel Riders are a class act and very nice. The Hyper Scrambler 2 has a very beefy frame that looks like it will last forever, and dual batteries. The Juiced Scorpion was ok, but not my style. The battery issue was likely from a cell going bad, or from a cell or two being out of balance because the battery pack had not been used in a while. Bomber Marv's custom bike was probably the fastest, but most of the time we were doing about 12 to 18 mph. We did have a couple of breakaway speed runs, with the two Ariel Riders taking off, and I decided to join in the fun for the heck of it. Then the custom bike and the Hyper Scrambler did a breakaway, I took off after them to see where they were going, then one of the Ariel Riders joined the pursuit. The RadMini did well and had no issues, aside from a touchy throttle, but the best part of the ride was the people. A great bunch and all of them was like a friend, including their dogs!

The ride was filmed and will be on YouTube in a week or so, but I'll let you know. A few frames from my own camera (on the front of the Mini) are below.

jbfoster

Looks fun. Post a link to the YouTube video when it's up.

Jim

Altema

Quote from: jbfoster on March 27, 2021, 06:32:33 PM
Looks fun. Post a link to the YouTube video when it's up.

Jim
I'll do that. He still has a couple short videos and one more show to edit, and I probably slowed him down by sending him 47 GB footage from my own camera 😱 , but I'll post the link here.