News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

How long did it take for your Rad Ebike to get delivered?

Started by MikenetRB, April 12, 2022, 12:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

MikenetRB

Apparently there was a forum on this topic from back in 2020 where users were concerned over shipping times that were in excess of two weeks or more, it took a couple months to deliver according to some members.  However this is an old forum from back in 2020 when Covid was worse and California was having wild fires so I'm wanting to know if these kinds of long waits are common today.  The best way to do that I figure is to just ask the members here how long it took for their Ebike to be delivered.

I ask this for a few reasons. I live in an apartment complex so I absolutely want to be here when my RadCity 6 Plus arrives.  The tracking hasn't updated in 5 days which is what worries me.

NaturallyRC

In February, I ordered one Sunday afternooon, the box was on my doorstep Tuesday morning. Seriously. I got an alert that evening from FedEx saying that it was coming in a couple of days. Talk about under promise; over deliver! That said, my subsequent rack purchase took forever, but that was when their international shipper shut down after being ransomed by hackers, so that doesn't count.

Quote from: MikenetRB on April 12, 2022, 12:42:41 PM
Apparently there was a forum on this topic from back in 2020 where users were concerned over shipping times that were in excess of two weeks or more, it took a couple months to deliver according to some members.  However this is an old forum from back in 2020 when Covid was worse and California was having wild fires so I'm wanting to know if these kinds of long waits are common today.  The best way to do that I figure is to just ask the members here how long it took for their Ebike to be delivered.

I ask this for a few reasons. I live in an apartment complex so I absolutely want to be here when my RadCity 6 Plus arrives.  The tracking hasn't updated in 5 days which is what worries me.

JimInPT

I ordered my MiniST2 for USA delivery on March 5 2021 and was forecast delivery for mid-April.  It showed up five days later on March 10!  This was great, except that I was in the middle of moving, ordered with April delivery in mind after the move was finished, and had to scramble to get it safely secured until I had time to get it on the road.

The rack, on the other hand, ordered at the same time took another 5 or 6 weeks to arrive, which seems to be typical for Rad racks.   ???
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

rsghowellnj

I received my Rad Expand 5 in about a week (shipping to Florida).  But .... the accessories are going on 4 weeks.  Extra battery has still not shipped.

Rover

I was beyond lucky. I ordered on a Thursday a week ago to have it built and delivered by RAD Mobile from Portland. It was at my house the next morning at 9:00 AM. Unreal. I figured it would be weeks. Turns out the Mobile group has quite a number of RAD's ready to go once an order arrives.

Eric7

Ddaybc

I live in BC Canada and I ordered my RW4 April 9, 2021. It arrived July 9, 2021. Rad was very patient with me during the shipping process as I naturally had some concerns.
The shipping process for some accessories was almost the same. It took months to finally receive most of them. We (Rad and I) eventually cancelled one of the items I ordered as it was never in stock and it's been six or seven months since I ordered it.
For everyone out there, patience will be necessary as I don't think things are going to be back to normal. At least not for a very long time.

MikenetRB

Perhaps I'm getting lucky too, the tracking has updated and it says my bike will be delivered tomorrow by the end of the day but we'll see.  If that's right my delivery will be getting here 8 days after it shipped out.   Same with the attachment bag I ordered.  Coincidentally that's supposed to be here tomorrow too but by UPS delivery rather than FedEx.

Radio Runner

Seems in many cases the accessories take much longer than the actual bikes do.

My Order of 4 CST Big Boats took 3 weeks and my spare battery took almost 2 months despite both being "in stock" and living in Oregon.

ericwn

Took about 3-4 weeks for my Radwagon to be delivered and I can't say that they were exactly professional with their estimated time, or the delivery date and the tracking was to forget about.

I'm now waiting about a month for the Conestoga to arrive and have received not even a shipping information and that is after I've already asked for an update.

seanerino

I ordered a Rad City 5, an Abus frame lock, and an Abus chain on March 26, 2022. Results thus far:

Abus frame lock: delivered March 31
Rad City 5 and Abus chain: received first shipping notification April 12; tracking not yet available

Customer service has been responsive, but they missed the 10 business day window for shipping and it's not yet clear that anything more than a shipping label has been printed.

I can update later when it arrives.

MikenetRB

Just to update the group my bike did end up arriving 8 days after it was shipped.

Not bad considering how crazy things have gotten with shipping companies and supply chain issues 👍

brentc133

I ordered 2 RadRunner Plus's last Thursday April 7th  and order confirmation said to expect up to a 10 day delay before shipping. Today I received this email from Rad:

Hi Brent,
We want to take the time to say thank you for choosing Rad Power Bikes. We are excited to have you as a member of this community and hope to get you up and riding as soon as possible.
As you may know, over the last two months our fulfillment partner has experienced system issues. This has resulted in shipping delays as they manually process orders. We're pleased to share that their systems are now back up and running. We are all working hard to catch up on a backlog of orders placed during that time and are estimating your order to ship in the next 20 days.
Once your order ships, you will receive the tracking number and ways to manage your delivery via email.
In the meantime, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support team at any time from 7am to 6pm PT at 877-299-9404, ext. 1, or submit your request in our Help Centre and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Please know that we are dedicated to delivering your order as soon as possible, and greatly appreciate your patience and understanding.
The Rad Power Bikes Canada Customer Experience Team