News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Mr Tuffy liners for fat tires

Started by SoCoRuss, January 09, 2021, 10:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

SoCoRuss

Have a RAD Rover 5. Have problems with flats and since there are no puncture resistant tubes for some reason, I'm looking at liners.

I see the 26X4 size that matches the Rover but would the larger 4.1-5 size work better and fit fine without trimming so you could get more sidewall protection?

Ryan, we could really use some help and a review on if larger liners work or if the normal size works. Also any idea why no thorn resistant tubes for Fat bikes even thought they are the current thing?

SoCoRuss

Wow, no response so no one is using liners?? I ordered the 4XL size, local bike guys say it will fit. I will update as it goes.

sc00ter

I have tan Mr. Tuffy tire liners. Should be here this week. The liners were sold out everywhere. Not sure if it was Covid or the bike boom, or both. No one had them in stock. But found some on Amazon that said "In Stock" so I'm hoping for the best. I'm hoping that a combination of the Tuffy liners combined with the Kenda flat protection will reduce my flat chances further. I really wanted to try Tannus but they are sold out as well.

SoCoRuss

Got my replacement Mongoose tubes and Mr Tuffy 4XL liners. They all went in and fit fine. Took a short ride, and they seemed good. I think it was a good choice to get the larger size 4XL liners versus the 3XL. It seemed to cover a little more of the sidewalls. So we shall see. Weather sucks here so not much time to ride to evaluate them.

Whats the Kenda protection you mentioned?

Veggyhed

Do you run slime or an equivalent in your inner tubes?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk