News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

How to reverse RadMini handlebars

Started by Kelly_Rollins, March 18, 2022, 01:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Kelly_Rollins

Hi,
I would like to reverse the handlebars on my mini, but not sure I understand how. It seems like you'd have to remove everything from the handlebars, reverse it, and reattach. However, I've seen other describe that it's much simpler.

I've been looking for a tutorial or guide or something, but can't find anything.

Does anyone have any info on this they'd be willing to share?

Thanks so much everyone!

Kelly

john in Idaho

You need metric allen wrenches . Harbor Freight sells a set iwith a rack and long handles.   It is not hard - just takes a while after you get your courage up.  Take the part that holds the handlebar to the stem, off, then turn the part that holds the handlebar off and turn it around then put everything back.  It will be hard to screw it up - just don't lose any thing.  Makes a big difference and gets rid of that uncomfortable "high rider" feel.  My shoulders thanked me profusely but then I am 79.  I couldn't get Rad to sell me some handlebars like the ones on our Rad City bikes so this is a good second choice.   I am sure this changes the folding part of the mini, but then I found that a folded mini is really a monster to handle so I never fold it anymore.

smunsey

This should help, he has step by step with photos. Banzai October 8 2020 & other tips if you read the entire page:
https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/rpb-radmini-step-thru-cycle-or-scoot.28024/page-2?fbclid=IwAR3MfYFpp8Mq8C-wArxJjb5da63cob_PEGxps_GQbvxOg9t-oemKb2k4XYw

Kelly_Rollins

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

Eric7

You know the hollow metal tube that was used as a spacer for the front fork when you got the bike.  That hollow metal tube fits right over the hex wrench you got with your bike too.  It increases the leverage of the allen wrench making it good enough to remove the bolts for the handlebar.  I recommend you buy a good set of allen wrenches of course - they are not expensive and they are always useful.