News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Hydraulic break line replacement

Started by Kel-b, September 10, 2023, 02:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Kel-b

After a pretty bad wreck I ended up with a tear in my Radcity5 + ST's hydraulic break line and a titanium plate in my wrist.  It's only about 2 - 3 inches from the lever.  I'm looking at either replacing the whole line or just shorting it a little bit.  I can't find specs on the break line itself.  What is the size or barb that it use?   

handlebar

It looks as if Radpower installs various brands of brakes on the Radcity 5+. If the brand is printed on the brake, that could be a lead. Measuring the barb with a caliper might help. I'd provide the information to a savvy parts vendor.

Kel-b

Quote from: handlebar on September 16, 2023, 11:15:05 AM
It looks as if Radpower installs various brands of brakes on the Radcity 5+. If the brand is printed on the brake, that could be a lead. Measuring the barb with a caliper might help. I'd provide the information to a savvy parts vendor.

Thank you, rad support gave me a part number but only can replace the the whole kit.  If I got to buy a new kit I'm getting a better brand for sure.