News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

First ride in 6 weeks

Started by Muskie1, October 25, 2022, 07:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Muskie1

I had tried a ride a few weeks ago, no luck. My leg that was injured won't take the weight to let me swing other leg over the saddle. I tried getting on from the other side , no way.

My choice was to lower the seat all the way down, could not pedal with any comfort.  I decided to buy a dropper post, best invention to help me get on the bike and then ride comfortably.

Muscle and tendon damage are probably long term.  It is not often we get a long stretch of 70 degree weather here in October.  I was so happy to get out !

JimInPT

That was a smart idea to try the dropper post, and glad it worked out for you.  Around here after September it's essentially hopeless to wish for a 60+ degree day, so it's that time when the MiniST spends more time alone and the heavier clothes make an appearance for the occasional ride.  Even 60F is pretty cold at 22mph.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Muskie1

I did about a 20 mile ride today. Started out at 36 degrees.  The route is on a path that has many small hills. The good thing about the dropper post was when I started to get a little store a slight adjustment to seat heights shifted my body weight in a second.