News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

question for any one using luna cycles charger of other 3rd party charger

Started by DuaneL, October 11, 2022, 02:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

DuaneL

I have read that it is common with the Rad Powers included charger to get hot while charging (I am still waiting for delivery of my 2 Radmissions so haven't seen how true this is) so I was wondering if the Luna cycle charger does not have this problem, also would I be correct in thinking a DC Power 5.5X2.1mm Male Barrel To XT60 Female No Wires Adapter would be what is needed to use the luna cycle charger on Rad batteries.

Eric7

Getting hot is no big deal - not many reports of chargers dying due to heat.  Just use it and see.  The back of my name brand LCD monitor is at 60 degrees C or 140 degrees F for the last 10 years - 40 hours a week or more - no problems at all.

Don't use a charger and adapter if you don't know what you are doing.  Shorting a battery will ruin it in less than 1 second. If you are lucky you blow the fuse. If you are unlucky, the battery is ruined. Many people have stuck a metal key into the charge port by mistake and fry the battery.

DuaneL

Thanks for your reply, I was probably overthinking it I remember when I was into rc racing my charger always  got hot with no problems but that was 30 years ago and NiCad but similar principle< and I know that with an adapter I would have to certain the polarity was right, though there are other chargers that wouldn't require adapter but if the stock one works why change it