News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Super comfy seat for old folks doing upright street riding

Started by oldtexasdog, September 08, 2023, 08:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

oldtexasdog

I was looking to get a comfy extra padded seat for my upright city street riding. Rad City 5+. 27mm post right now with the Rad seat mount 50mm seat rails. 200lbs large butt 70+ years old. :-[
Thanks

Naranja_CT5+

I am glad you brought this topic up. Everyone on this community either want speed or range. On a regular bicycle I can only endure 10 to 20 km ride then it gets uncomfortable for me. I am also in search of a comfortable seat that would extend my riding pleasure.

Once I get my bike, the first thing I am planning to do is remove the seat post and replace it with the Trek suspension seat post that I already have.

Until then I am keeping an eye on the replies from others.

oldtexasdog

Well I put the Cloud9 seat on using the existing hardware and I just love it! Now at least I don't start the ride in discomfort.

inoxa

Quote from: oldtexasdog on September 12, 2023, 08:50:49 AM
Well I put the Cloud9 seat on using the existing hardware and I just love it! Now at least I don't start the ride in discomfort.

FOR ALL to know.  Cloud9 makes several different seats.  None will feel exactly the same. 

oldtexasdog

Sorry your right-this one

Cloud-9 Cruiser Select Saddle, 10.5" x 10.75", Black Soft Touch Vinyl

Paco

I got a Cloud9 and I like it for sure...I didn't want to spend a fortune...so far so good
Cloud-9 Cruiser Select Airflow CS Saddle, 10.5" x 10.75"

Odomirok2

Get a suspension seat post for your bike. Makes any seat better!!

mrgold35

The Sunlite Cloud-9 cruiser seat 11"L x 10"W x 8"H size has been my go to seat replacement since my first Radrover in 2016.  I later added the SR Suntour SP12 NCX bike Suspension seatpost and eventually upgraded to KINEKT Bike Suspension Seatpost.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TD24VG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

JimInPT

Quote from: mrgold35 on March 24, 2024, 03:40:23 AM
The Sunlite Cloud-9 cruiser seat 11"L x 10"W x 8"H size has been my go to seat replacement since my first Radrover in 2016.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TD24VG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's the same seat I settled on, after trying four others in addition to the lousy factory seat.  The only thing I don't like about it is that too-long nose to climb over, but otherwise it's worked well for me.

I can recommend the Cloud 9 brand as well-made products, but my seat probably won't be the best for most, or even many.  Seats are like shoes; try a few on until you find the one that fits YOU best.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

mrgold35

I like the Cloud-9 because I can sit and spread my weight across my butt cheeks.  A 20-30 minute ride would leave my crotch sore for days with smaller 'tour de France" thinner bike seats.  I think the Cloud-9 would work just as well if it didn't have such a long-ish nose because that part isn't in contact with the rider most of the time.

JimInPT

Quote from: mrgold35 on March 27, 2024, 02:53:19 PMI think the Cloud-9 would work just as well if it didn't have such a long-ish nose because that part isn't in contact with the rider most of the time.

And when it does, it hurts!   :o
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.