News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Hollywood Hitch Rack --- 1 1/4" hitch? Special Receiver?

Started by gawarner, September 27, 2020, 07:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

gawarner

I have the Hollywood Hitch Rack sold by Rad for Ebikes.  It says it is for 2" hitches only.  I have an Outback with a 1 1/4" hitch.  On the Hollywood site, the FAQ says they have a special receiver tube for mounting our rack for E-Bikes on a 1-1/4" receiver hitch.  I can't find any info on this.  Would you replace the receiver tube on the rack?  So confused?  Any help is appreciated!F

Here's what the FAQ says:
Can I mount an E-Bike rack if I have a 1-1/4" receiver hitch?
Yes, we have a special receiver tube for mounting our rack for E-Bikes on a 1-1/4" receiver hitch.  This makes the rack designation HR1460Y-E. The 1-1/4" receiver tube is reinforced such that the No Wobble System cannot be used. Therefore, the HR1460Y-E uses a threaded hitch pin and a Locking Threaded Hitch Pin with keyed alike locking cable. The 1-1/4" receiver hitch must be Class 2.  You may email us a photo of your vehicles receiver hitch if you're not sure what Class it is.

Ryan

I would shoot them an email. In my experience they are helpful. I believe they do sell a 1 1/4" rack but you have to email them. Not sure if returning would be an option if the adapter won't work.

massassi

a 11/4" hitch is pretty small, you should be able to sleeve it with an adapter, but if you did i would keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't flex out and get damaged. the weight of your heavy ebike and the hitch will put a lot of stresses on it