News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Bolton Upgrade not working.

Started by Bottomsup, June 12, 2022, 07:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Bottomsup

I hooked it all up and went for a test ride and it was working fine for .5 miles. I was happy so I returned and zip tied all the wires and tucked them away. Went for a longer ride and see this. 53v but battery shows empty and there is no power when I ride. I read on this group to plug the stock controller in to look for error codes and got error code 30. I followed the instructions on the RR website and unplugged every single plug including the one in the downtube but it didn't fix it. I then sprayed them all with contact cleaner. inspected with a flash light and it still doesn't work.

I also checked both battery fuses and they are good. I then re-installed the old controller and display and still get error code 30.  I'm pretty discouraged. I must have damaged a wire tucking them away and zip tying? Any other ideas? if I do have a damaged wire how do I figure out which one?

Bottomsup

ok progress!! I unplugged things in a different order and narrowed it down to the PAS sensor. when that one is unplugged the display looks normal and the throttle works. I also put the stock display and controller back and it also works without the PAS sensor plugged in but throws error code 30 when it's plugged in. I think it's that sensor. I followed the instructions on the RAD site to clean the magnetic disk, push the sensor closer, etc.. but none if worked. When I turn the peddles the red light stays off. I guess I need a new PAS sensor? so odd this would happen while tucking the wires, etc.. away.

FL-GK

Quote from: Bottomsup on June 12, 2022, 11:45:59 AM
ok progress!! I unplugged things in a different order and narrowed it down to the PAS sensor. when that one is unplugged the display looks normal and the throttle works. I also put the stock display and controller back and it also works without the PAS sensor plugged in but throws error code 30 when it's plugged in. I think it's that sensor. I followed the instructions on the RAD site to clean the magnetic disk, push the sensor closer, etc.. but none if worked. When I turn the peddles the red light stays off. I guess I need a new PAS sensor? so odd this would happen while tucking the wires, etc.. away.
I think it's just coincidental, I don't think you "did" anything to break it. Is it possible you did something connecting? Sure, but I don't think so. If there is a really long wait time for PAS you might be able to find one on the internet. I got a throttle overnight that was weeks away from RAD (only like $13.00).