News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Anyone in Manhattan willing to let me test drive or see their RadRunner Plus?

Started by jclin10, April 28, 2022, 12:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

jclin10

I'm looking for a RadRunner Plus to get around Manhattan, possibly with my 80-100 kids on board. I'm looking for a RadRunner Plus or RadWagon 4. Anyone willing to let me see theirs? There aren't any dealerships in Manhattan and I don't want to buy something that I need a professional to assemble and then find out that I don't want it and decide to return it.

JimInPT

Man, that's a lot of kids - when do you find the time to ride?   ;D
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Altema

I'm not in NY, and Rad does have a return policy, but building the bike and taking it back apart would be a major pain.

Just as a note, if you are riding with one kid at a time, the Rad runner should be fine as long as your combined weight is not much more than 300 pounds. For riding with two kids at the same time, you will definitely need the RadWagon or similar cargo bike. The RadWagon weight limit is 350 pounds, but Rad frames are stronger than they need to be. For example, I carried an adult passenger several miles on my RadMini, and that's almost 400 pounds on a FOLDING bike! It was an emergency, but the bike handed it perfectly despite grossly exceeding the 275 pound weight limit.

Radding Along

If you have any plans to travel to the DC/Baltimore area, midatlanticebikerepair.com has most of the Rad models to test ride, including the Runner Plus and Wagon 4.