News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

I'm new to the forum and new to ebikes

Started by roatanboy, November 09, 2021, 08:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

roatanboy

Hi Folks. I'm new to this forum and new to the whole ebike thing. I've cruised YouTube for several weeks and it looks like I'll pull the trigger on a new Rad Rover 6 Plus after the holidays. I live in Honduras (Yes, that Honduras!) on a small island. I think the ebike will provide lots of good exercise as well as help me get around at a reasonable speed in relative safety. I'll be looking at several accessories for the bike and I'd appreciate any advice you folks have when it comes to things like suspension seats and posts, racks, bags lights etc... Also, what are your thoughts on a spare battery for a big heavy ebike like the RadRover 6 Plus? We have a few pretty steep hills on the island and I'd really hate to run out of juice with half the trip left to get home. Looking forward to following you all here. Thanks.

PSVic

As an owner and bike mechanic, that's a lot of questions. I'd say keep the main mechanics and main electrical stock until you ride it for 100 miles. Then decide if it works for you as is. Spare batteries are expensive but if this is your main transportation then that may be a wise investment.

Get a disk brake lock so the bike is immobilized when you aren't with it. A front and rear rack will be helpful if you are hauling things. The 6 Plus comes with lights that may work fine for you. If not order a brighter from light.