News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Radmin 4 controller wheel sie

Started by rutrowlb, August 13, 2021, 09:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

rutrowlb

I was changing the setup on my controller it messed up the wheel size. What is a standard rad Mini 4 shipped for the factory wheel size. I looked around and it listed a 22in will diameter. This option does not exist on the controller setup I have the standard 20 x 3 tires

Tony

I also did this .  Rad said it should be 22 to account for tire size on a 20 inch wheel.

rutrowlb

Quote from: Tony on August 13, 2021, 10:00:49 AM
I also did this .  Rad said it should be 22 to account for tire size on a 20 inch wheel.

The controller has no 22 option 20, 21 then jumps to 24 on the radmini 4,  any ideas
Seems strange that rad recommendation can't be programed

I just took a tape measure to my wheel and it is 22 inches, so why can't it be programmed

RadJohn

Quote from: rutrowlb on August 13, 2021, 11:59:58 AM...The controller has no 22 option 20, 21 then jumps to 24 on the radmini 4,  any ideas...

Strange indeed!

My 2020 RadMini 4 was delivered in late June 2020 and has the following selection choices: 16 in, 18 in, 20 in, 22 in, 24 in, 26 in, 700C, 28 in

It came from the factory set to 22 inches and that has always worked for me. With the OEM 20 x 3.3" K-Rad tires, my Rad Display mileage usually agrees with my Garmin GPS units within 1 mile on a ~100 mile trip (somewhat dependent on how twisty the route is, but I don't think it has ever been more than ~2.5 miles different), close enough for me.

I'd contact Rad and ask them what's going on (if they even know), I'd love to hear their answer.

Tony

Well I don't use the standard controller anymore , but when I did Rad told me to set it to 22

rutrowlb

Quote from: Tony on August 13, 2021, 04:28:06 PM
Well I don't use the standard controller anymore , but when I did Rad told me to set it to 22

If only my controller had a 22-inch option

pehayes

Just received a new RadMini 4 early August.  It came pre-set at 21.  There is no 22 option.  The actual OD of the inflated tire is close to 22.  The closest controller option is 21.  I've experimented to see if I could trick more speed.  Seems best at the default 21.  Used a GPS app for speed verification.  Seemed to peg out max speed the same regardless of my wheel choices.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

rutrowlb

Quote from: pehayes on August 14, 2021, 09:21:15 AM
Just received a new RadMini 4 early August.  It came pre-set at 21.  There is no 22 option.  The actual OD of the inflated tire is close to 22.  The closest controller option is 21.  I've experimented to see if I could trick more speed.  Seems best at the default 21.  Used a GPS app for speed verification.  Seemed to peg out max speed the same regardless of my wheel choices.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA
Thanks for the info exactly what I was looking for I do have a question in the rad why they don't account for the real wheel size

rutrowlb

Since the rad Mini come stock with 22 in diameter tires the controller Best Choice is 21 in. I verified the odometer with my GPS. to correct your mileage multiply your display X 0.95

TheRealDlo

Quote from: pehayes on August 14, 2021, 09:21:15 AM

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

100% THIS.

I got my Rad Mini 4 Oct 5th and 21 is where it is set to