News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad Mini sale ends, price stays the same

Started by JimInPT, September 02, 2021, 07:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

JimInPT

FYI, I checked the Rad site to see if the sale on the Minis ended Sept 1 as scheduled and yes, the sale is over.

The price, however, remains at the sale price of $1,299 and seems to be the new regular price, with shipments around the end of this month into early October.   

So I expect new version(s) soon - this looks like inventory clearance to me and I bet they're feeling the heat from Lectric and other competitors in this segment.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Albert George

How does the Lectric folding stepthru bike compare to the Rad Mini ST

the Lectric is 300.00 cheaper

ajones46

I noticed that as well. I just ordered my mini last weekend before the sale ended because I didn't want to miss out on the $200 discount.  It seems kind of dirty to then lower the price permanently like that after creating a sense of urgency. Either way, I am excited for it to get here as it will be my first rad bike!  I was planning on getting the radrunner+ originally but it seemed like the mini had basically the same features with the bonus of folding up.   

JimInPT

Quote from: ajones46 on September 02, 2021, 04:17:12 PM
I noticed that as well. I just ordered my mini last weekend before the sale ended because I didn't want to miss out on the $200 discount.  It seems kind of dirty to then lower the price permanently like that after creating a sense of urgency.

Personally, I see absolutely no reason to buy a Runner+ especially at the price they want for it (what about it could possibly be worth $1,800 and now $500 more than a Mini), and the base Runner is just dumb now that it's the same price as the much-better Minis.  Yeah, they have a back seat but that's only practical for a kid on the back, or two very skinny adults to stay under the weight limit (how often do two adults ride on any bike anyway; they own 2 bikes) - the Mini has all the same features and is easier to customize, with several hundred dollars left over to pay for the accessories.  But you got a great price on your Mini, better than my purchase back in March for sure.

My guess is they're clearing out the Minis for a replacement model and put the discount price expiration to Aug 31 attempting to get urgent orders placed for all the bikes still on the boats on their way over and then have just a few left to sell at the original price in September.  Maybe they didn't get enough orders and don't want to get stuck with too much inventory when the new model arrives.  Pure speculation, but aside from competitive pressure from Lectric I don't see any other reason to keep the discount in place.  With new tariffs in place and parts/bikes shortages, why lower the price permanently?
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

PeterB

The Rad has a 750 Watt motor. The Lectric has 450 Watt motor

The Rad has 14 ah battery. The lectric has 9.6 ah battery.

You pay for what you get..

SemperVee

We looked at both and decided to stay with the RAD family too.   We have city bikes and just got 2  Mini's  One a 4 the other a Step thru  this weekend...    Both have the gear driven motor but since we have direct drive motor experience have decided they are faster in the long run side by side up the same hills!!  We both agree.