News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Shipping radbike batteries

Started by billvon, July 15, 2021, 10:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

billvon

I'm planning a long trip (San Diego to Florida) and I'll be shipping the bike back at the end of the trip.  I can get the bike boxed up and shipped without too much trouble, but how does one go about shipping the batteries?  I know that normally Fedex, UPS etc doesn't want to deal with them.  Are there services out there that will ship lithium ion batteries for people?

Jeff_RI

My bike with Battery was shipped from RAD via FedEx ground, so FedEx will ship batteries, they just need to be properly labeled. I believe the same goes for the other carriers.

MurderNote

I agree with Jeff. I shipped a battery to Canada last year and after a lot of being told "no," someone finally had the courtesy  to tell me that you an only ship them by ground and that it's pricey. So I sent mine via FedEx as well. And while it was more than an average package, it wasn't a wallet buster. I sent a military grade flashlight with a non removable, rechargeable battery. I think it was like $35-40. Yours may be a little more because of weight and if it's an awkward size that doesn't fit in one of their prescribed boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk