News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Pas problem

Started by Mayo, June 29, 2021, 12:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Mayo

Hi there would anybody have an idea how I can fix my rad runner plus PAS the throttle is working and the back hub is trying to go but it's not going at full power and the pedal assist is not kicking in it would be much appreciated
Sean
West of Ireland

FortunatelyTheMilk

Is it throwing any warning lights?

I've a spare stock controller here in Claregalway if you want to test with it?

But it's also possibly the pas ring as mentioned above.

mckyj57

My RadRunner just had PAS problems at 2000 miles. I probably caused them by taking off the crank and over-torquing.

My symptoms were that the pedal assist would cut out and I would get 000 watts displayed quite frequently. I could change the PAS level and get some response, or gear down and get some response, but it was balky. I could disassemble/reassemble and get 15-20 miles of it working, then it would die again.

I ordered a new sensor and Rad may eventually ship it. But placing the order let me be a bit more free and radical with my attempted fixes, and I did get it working reliably again by disassembling and scraping off the clear plastic which I had cracked. I've put over 150 miles on it now with flawless performance, so it seems it is working.