Author Topic: Cannot get my battery back in  (Read 2820 times)

Diane Reynolds

• View Profile
Cannot get my battery back in
« on: June 29, 2021, 12:13:09 PM »
For the first time in 4000 miles, I removed the battery due to traveling in extreme heat with the bike in the hatchback of the car.  Took it in at night to motel.  Arrived at destination and cannot for the life of me, figure out how to "slide" it back in.  Can anyone help me?  It seems to get stuck on little plastic tabs on the way down.

Tony

• View Profile
Re: Cannot get my battery back in
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 02:49:24 PM »
Are you sure the battery locking pin isn’t sticking out ? Dose it is slide most of the way down ?

JimInPT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 01:21:57 PM »
For the first time in 4000 miles, I removed the battery due to traveling in extreme heat with the bike in the hatchback of the car.  Took it in at night to motel.  Arrived at destination and cannot for the life of me, figure out how to "slide" it back in.  Can anyone help me?  It seems to get stuck on little plastic tabs on the way down.

That's smart to pull it inside to room temp if it's very hot outside.  I think Tony has the best idea for the first thing to check - if that pin is sticking out on the back, it means you put the key back into the "locked" position before removing it from the battery.   Set the lock to "unlocked" at the very end of the travel and that'll fix it.

If that's not it, let us know which model bike you have, since the batteries are mounted differently.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

MurderNote

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 12:07:28 PM »
If it’s not the pin, was it hard to get out?

Sometimes when something isn’t removed for a long time it gets a build up of dirt and dust (think car parts) and it will only align a certain way after being removed.

If it’s not the pin, take a dry, dead tooth brush and brush the slides and the pieces that go into the slides. Even if you can’t see a build up. If that works, consider applying some dry graphite to the slides to prevent it from happening in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skaz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 07:02:02 AM »
it doesnt just slide right in you have to put it above where the battery attaches   and wiggle it in to place i had the exact same problem

CTYank

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2022, 11:46:34 PM »
I noticed the same problem with my new Mini 4- impossibility to reinsert battery, when trying to insert the plastic lugs on the battery into the slots on the sheet-metal rails ALL THE WAY, FROM THE TOP. No joy, no how.

What works: slide the battery in most of the way with the plastic lugs OUTSIDE the rail grooves, then into the grooves near full insertion. Seems to me, Rad should make this clear, so folks (like me) are not tempted to take the "get a bigger hammer" approach. HTH

Ddaybc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2022, 09:35:05 AM »
If it’s not the pin, take a dry, dead tooth brush and brush the slides and the pieces that go into the slides. Even if you can’t see a build up. If that works, consider applying some dry graphite to the slides to prevent it from happening in the future.

I really like the dry graphite idea. I don't have an issue of getting the battery on, I have the opposite problem. The battery on my RW4 is almost impossible to get off. I have graphite here at home so I'm going to give this a try today.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2022, 09:35:05 AM »