News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Fork Mount for Transporting Radrover

Started by CG31, September 07, 2020, 12:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

CG31

I have 2 Radrovers on order and need to carry them in the bed of my truck with the tailgate closed when towing my camper. I would like to be able to remove the front tire and secure the front fork on a fork mount. I have read where they don't recommend that for ebikes due to the weight. Has anybody tried this with success, don't want to damage anything?

FortunatelyTheMilk

I think the problem is that unless you tie down the back of the bike, it'll try to twist around the pivot point with every bump and lateral change in weight.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

CG31

Quote from: FortunatelyTheMilk on September 08, 2020, 06:35:45 AM
I think the problem is that unless you tie down the back of the bike, it'll try to twist around the pivot point with every bump and lateral change in weight.

Yeah good point. I believe I can build something with wood across the width of the bed that would keep the bike from sliding plus be able to tie the back down.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

nikidog

What size front fork mount for a 2020 rad rover ?

whitelightning99

Just an FYI, I transported 2 RadRovers  from the Seattle showroom to North Idaho yesterday in the back of my '15 Ram Quad cab, short bed. These bikes are LONG! I had to cock the front wheels almost 90 degrees to fit them in the bed.

radrover4fun

I can get to rovers and two minis (not folded) in my F150 crew cab, 6 foot bed I think, not 8

No mounts, just stuff them in, and yes the front wheels of the rovers are turned 90 degrees, and one faces out and one in.

CG31

Forgot I started this thread, been awhile since I've been on this site. I actually found what I was looking for and have it posted on the Radrover topic with multiple pics.