News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

What are you using to record video on your bike?

Started by Altema, January 02, 2021, 04:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

NaturallyRC

Great! Let us know which you wind up preferring, eh?

Quote from: crorris on April 08, 2022, 06:17:48 AM
...bought a Hero...haven't decided between helmet, handlebars, or chest.

Eric7

I've seen people with selfie sticks and the videos don't show the selfie sticks.  How do they do that?  Does anyone know?

JimInPT

Quote from: Eric7 on April 09, 2022, 12:06:16 PM
I've seen people with selfie sticks and the videos don't show the selfie sticks.  How do they do that?  Does anyone know?

That's a good question; I've wondered that too, and assumed it's software associated with a fisheye or 360-degree lens.  Hopefully somebody knows, but you might also ping forum-owner Ryan to this question - I think he uses that technique.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

NaturallyRC

There are YouTubes that explain it, including how to hold the stick so that "seams" don't show. The technology is awesome but imperfect, and you often see results like those unintentionally funny photoshopped Instagram selfies men and women take to show how impossible skinny they are. LOL. Anyway, I like to keep two hands on the bars, eyes on the road. Cheers!

Quote from: JimInPT on April 09, 2022, 01:24:31 PM
Quote from: Eric7 on April 09, 2022, 12:06:16 PM

That's a good question; I've wondered that too, and assumed it's software associated with a fisheye or 360-degree lens.  Hopefully somebody knows, but you might also ping forum-owner Ryan to this question - I think he uses that technique.

NaturallyRC

So far so good. Picture quality is excellent, comes with a dozen different mounting do-dads, and two batteries. Got it mounted on the backpack strap that clips across my chest, and it works so well I might just keep it there.

Quote from: NaturallyRC on April 08, 2022, 04:37:22 AM
I just ordered the Akaso v50 Pro. ...

Altema

Quote from: NaturallyRC on April 08, 2022, 04:37:22 AM
I just ordered the Akaso v50 Pro. Weird buying a four-year-old electronic gizmo, but after watching hours of reviews (including recent) it is, apparently, the action cam that suits my requirements...and BUDGET. I will try it on my helmet, bars, body, etc, and let everyone know what happens. Cheers...

Quote from: Altema on January 05, 2021, 07:58:06 AM
The new Akaso EK7000 Pro arrived yesterday, and was a disappointment. The image stabilization is poor, and is only available at 720 and 1080P. The microphone also sounds terrible, so I boxed it back up and started the return process.
Looks like I'll need a GoPro to get decent results. I did receive a chest mount harness, but did not try it. I figured with my body eliminating the vibrations, the EK7000 without stabilization that I got for Christmas would work ok. It did work in the under-crank position, so that's another possible use.

Let us know how it turns out! I'm interested to see if they got it right on that model. I still have mine but not sure what to use them for.

NaturallyRC

Will do. I've used it twice now and couldn't ask for more when it comes to colour fidelity, picture clarity, contrast, auto-while balance, etc. Very impressive. Excellent stabilization too. The two batteries provided are more than enough to record a 50km ebike ride, and one 64 Meg Micro SD card (sold separately) gets it done, provided I shoot at 1080p 30fps. Minor issue ejecting the card (it always needs help from a toothpick) and the tripod screw mount interferes with the battery door (which came off once, due to the conflict, but I put it back on). The human interface is okay. Here's a link to a film I just finished, for reference. Bear in mind that (last I checked) it had been assigned the crappy AVC codec instead of the much nicer v9, which the uploader likes to reserve for heavy hitters that earn YouTube more ad revenue than my humble channel. https://youtu.be/HfjiAIduU9I

Quote from: Altema on April 16, 2022, 07:45:30 AM
Let us know how it turns out! I'm interested to see if they got it right on that model. I still have mine but not sure what to use them for.

NaturallyRC

Here's a recent video that shows off the picture quality quite nicely, even on a dull overcast day.

Specs: 30fps and shot in 1080p to save disk space, but ripped in 4K so that YouTube would assign it the v9 codec (the good one).

https://youtu.be/LMLqsp10plI

Altema

Quote from: NaturallyRC on April 17, 2022, 01:11:00 PM
Here's a recent video that shows off the picture quality quite nicely, even on a dull overcast day.

Specs: 30fps and shot in 1080p to save disk space, but ripped in 4K so that YouTube would assign it the v9 codec (the good one).

https://youtu.be/LMLqsp10plI
Wow, that is 100 times better than the Akaso cameras I had. I shoot 30fps @ 1080p as well to save space. Thanks for the tip on ripping to 4k for YouTube quality, and that was a nice video you did.

NaturallyRC

I'm impressed, myself, from a budget camera. I shot today in brighter conditions, down by the lake, and it looks even sharper. Thanks for the kind words about my little film.

Quote from: Altema on April 17, 2022, 01:25:58 PM
Wow, that is 100 times better than the Akaso cameras I had. I shoot 30fps @ 1080p as well to save space. Thanks for the tip on ripping to 4k for YouTube quality, and that was a nice video you did.