News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RadRunner Plus finally deliveried

Started by pedarro, November 04, 2020, 11:17:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

pedarro

I ordered my bike on July 2, 2020, and it finally arrived on 10/29/2020. I had my local bike shop assemble the bike, and of course, I ran into issues. The lower bolts that connect the battery to the frame are damaged, and my shop recommends a new frame/bike. As of now, a velcro strap is holding the battery to the frame. I wanted to put on the on the center console carrying case, but the screws were stripped, and I had to use creative techniques to undo the bolts. Lastly, I used the secret menu to increase the speed of my bike, but the governor limits the overall speed to around twenty miles an hour.

I will keep you posted as to what Rad says about my frame.
Have any Radrunner Plus owners figured out a way to go faster than twenty miles an hour or perhaps it is just my poorly built bike?

Ryan

Did you share the damage with Rad? This is not something I've heard of before. As far as I know, you should be able to adjust the max speed in settings. Haven't heard anything different.

Count

Governor?  I have not heard of this. My Rad Runner has none I am aware of?

Mountaintrails

I have only assembled my 2 Rad Rovers. My assembly was great.I was very impressed on how much I did not have to do. My battery mount was already mounted to the frame and there was no need to mess with it.
I did notice a little debri in the screw holes for the racks and felt it could have been easy to cross thread if I hadnt paid attention.
I even put a little WD40 in some of the holes if the screw was feeling like it wasnt going in correctly.
I would contact Rad but I dont think this is completely Rads fault. Just my opinion.

erick00

I too just received my Radrunner 1 bike. I love the bike but I had a problem installing the center console. I could not get two of the 4 allen screws out. The two that came out with the provided allen wrench took a lot of force, the other two just stripped. Eventually I had to have my son-in-law use a pair of pliers to get them out. He had to grip it will a very strong grip before he could turn it and get them out. Unfortunately I did not love the center console after all that; my legs would occasionally run on it as I pedaled. Not enough rubbing to make it super irritable but enough not to like it very much. Plus it made it hard to get onto the bike as I am not very flexible. I really liked the passenger package rear seat because I can give rides around my yard with my grandson, which makes it work it by itself. The downside is now I have to find where to put a basket or bag or something to carry stuff at some point in time. The only complaint is squeaky rear brakes but I am supposed to drive it 25 miles or so before attempting any adjustment. Another purchase I made was a timer for the power socket so I don' t mistakelnly leave the battery plugged in for more than 12 hours.. Another problem I had was installing the ABUS Bordo Granit bike lock holder. I installed it vertically on the bar below the seat but the straps where a pain to thread through as instructed (then again, I am very mechanically challenged :). Riding the bike is lots of fun, no regrets purchasing it. I have a bike rack but unfortunately it is not for step through bikes.  Don't know if those attachable crossbars for step through bikes is strong enough to hold it on my thule bike rack.

Altema

Pedarro - Rad service has been downright eager to resolve issues in the past, regardless of what it takes to make things right. Contact them and they will work with you on the issue.

Erick00 - The tools Rad provides are just adequate, and I had to be careful that the allen wrench was seated all the way in because it was not a great fit. I'm not sure how Rad will respond to your console issue since it's not a manufacturing defect. But you have nothing to lose by contacting them and letting them know the design interferes with your riding. Another option is putting the center console up for sale, as it does seem to be a popular item.
I don't have a solution to your storage, other than the front rack with a basket or bag. I have a rear rack with custom supports and a seat, but I have a rack bag there most of the time, and switch them out as needed. It's a pain, and I may go with an adapter to make it easier, though it will likely require some customization.
In regards to the rear brakes, did you "bed" them? The process just makes sure the brake pads and the rotor surfaces are mated properly, and if you have not done so, it may resolve the issue.