News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://radpowerbikes.pxf.io/Wq1EzZ

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Reviving a discussion regarding the preferred tire pressure

Started by Naranja_CT5+, June 03, 2024, 09:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Support the rad owners forum

Naranja_CT5+

When I took my City for the first time. I pumped 30 psi because 35 seemed excessive but I did not even got a block when I noticed that I can feel all the cracks on the road and sidewalks. It felt like I am going to damage the wheel. So I filled it to 35 and it feels better.

Then I stumbled across an old post and relieved that some riders were using 50. I was afraid that if I pumped more than 45 that I would blow my tires. I feel better now that I know that the tires can handle such high pressure.

How are you riding yours?
Literally is LITERALLY the most annoying word of the decade.

mrgold35

The wife (4'11", 125lbs) has a 2023 Radcity Step-thru and I have around 40-45 psi in the front/rear tires.  She also has the Cloud-9 cruiser seat and Cirrus Kinekt suspension seat-post.  I've notice her PSI drops faster per month compared to my fat tire ebike.  She can notice the difference on paved surfaces if the PSI is below 35.  She likes the way the Radcity feels at higher PSI; especially, at higher speed of 16-20 mph.

Bobk

The RadCity 5 plus is a heavy bike. Rad recommends 60 psi. The OEM tires have a max pressure of 65 lbs. I replaced the OEM tires with Continental Contact Urban tires at 6,000 km. Continental Contact Urbans are slick E50 rated tires with a maximum pressure of 70 psi. I run them at 70 psi as recomended by Continental.

Naranja_CT5+

I am beginning to see why members were using higher psi. Now that I am getting more mileage with my City. I am riding at 40F/45R and I think I need to bump up more.

I liked the pattern on that Continental tire.
Literally is LITERALLY the most annoying word of the decade.

Support the rad owners forum