Author Topic: RadWagon 4 Kickstand  (Read 6190 times)

Radmama

• View Profile
RadWagon 4 Kickstand
« on: May 07, 2021, 08:52:08 AM »
I just got my radwagon 4 for Mother’s Day and have the Thule yepp seat. Can anyone help me understand how to better maneuver the kickstand? Right now I’m basically lifting up the bike with my 18mo old on the back to get the kickstand down and take him out of his seat. I’m not that strong and this doesn’t seem like the correct action. Thanks!!

wkindred

• View Profile
Re: RadWagon 4 Kickstand
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 09:24:07 AM »
I just got my radwagon 4 for Mother’s Day and have the Thule yepp seat. Can anyone help me understand how to better maneuver the kickstand? Right now I’m basically lifting up the bike with my 18mo old on the back to get the kickstand down and take him out of his seat. I’m not that strong and this doesn’t seem like the correct action. Thanks!!

try this:

while on the bike, push down on the kickstand with your foot.

when the kickstand makes contact with the ground slowly roll bike backwards continuing to push down on the kickstand with your foot until the kickstand locks into place.

...but, in your case, would likely work best with assistance.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 11:47:57 AM by wkindred »

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 05:45:07 PM »
Wkindred's advice is good. Another option is while off the bike to kick the kickstand towards the ground (and keep it there with your foot if need be). Start lifting the bike backwards (lift from the small traingle in front of the seat) while using the kickstand as a pivot point to help you with the motion and take some of the load off. My brother attached furniture protectors to the bottom of his kickstand so they are more grippy. It isn't easy, but hopefully, you can get the hang of it!

Joel52334

• Using my RPW4 for my cardiac rehab.
    • View Profile
    • Oh the things I know & do! --(under construction)
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 11:19:05 PM »

Mamma, that's a really good question.  I have an idea, I have a rw4, it would be sweet. Let me built a parts list & see how that becomes a drawing/schematic  PM me... 
I'm an RW4 owner. I'm not using any of these ancient forums. (ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM). Instead look for @joelhuebner, joel.huebner, joel.huebner@gmail.com, joel52334.
That's where you will find me.
This forum uses UTC time. GMT-0.  I'm at GMT-5 CDT.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 11:19:05 PM »