Author Topic: Company communications leave a lot to be desired  (Read 2507 times)

Calson

• View Profile
Company communications leave a lot to be desired
« on: April 26, 2021, 08:05:12 PM »
I am planning on buy new e-bike for my wife and myself and a key concern is customer support after the sale has been made should any problems arise. I have sent e-mails on 4 occasions to Rad Power and none of them have been answered after several weeks. I finally phoned them and spent more than half an hour on hold to get to a person.

Curious as to how much success others have had in contacting and receiving help from Rad Power.

FortunatelyTheMilk

• View Profile
Re: Company communications leave a lot to be desired
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 09:11:34 AM »
Never had an issue with them with after sales service. Responses within a couple of days, which is what I'd expect.

MurderNote

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 07:11:27 AM »
Yeah, that’s weird. My experience before and after has been great. I just bought my bike a couple weeks ago. I feel like it’s a relatively small operation so maybe that’s been an issue? I did have my first two replies from them go into my junk folder without my knowledge. Is that a possibility?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagnumPA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 01:36:11 PM »
They were great answering my questions before I bought my bike, they even sent a follow up survey about my interactions.  Since buying, I didn't get any replies to the questions I sent them, and then I found this forum and got some help here. 
Thanks, RadOwners.

mckyj57

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 05:10:14 PM »
Sent a fully-documented query on a Wednesday, heard back on a Monday. It took three (or more) days to ship the part I needed after that, so it ends up being 8 days until the shipment.

Not stellar, not good, just acceptable. I do understand they are slammed. Perhaps that $150 million will have funded a few support reps, and they can get them rolling soon.

MurderNote

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 05:11:33 PM »
I’m glad you got it figured out. What $150 million are you referring to?

mckyj57

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 04:46:32 AM »
Rad just received a $150,000,000 infusion of capital to finance their business growth.

MurderNote

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2021, 04:48:28 AM »
Dang, that’s awesome. I hadn’t heard. Thanks.

mckyj57

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2021, 10:31:20 AM »
It is now not acceptable. A week ago I got the email that the part had been ordered. They banged my credit card and took the money, but 7 days later -- no shipment. (I did check my credit card account and they indeed took the money on July 19.)

It is not cool to take someone's money and not ship. If you do too much of that, Visa/MC will have big problems with you.

UPDATE: They claim that these delays are due to the shipping company. Sounds like they need to find a different shipping company...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 10:34:45 AM by mckyj57 »

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum