Author Topic: Has anyone upgraded their Radrunner Plus motor?  (Read 13280 times)

ryan_lozo

• View Profile
Re: Has anyone upgraded their Radrunner Plus motor?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2021, 12:07:10 PM »
Yes, it looks that way.  Just got my RR+ a few weeks ago and the motor I ordered won't work.  But just the controller upgrade made a huge difference already.
This controller upgrade you speak of, what does it improve? and what company did you buy from?

It will greatly improve the torque of the RR+. You will get across the intersection quicker on full throttle and it's hill climbing abilities will be effortless.

This sounds like a great upgrade, my only concern is where the controller would mount on the RR+? Pictures on Bolton show it mounting where the battery is housed so I'm not sure how it would be compatible for that specific rad model.

Ray.Marx.67@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2021, 09:31:58 PM »
Wow, I really like those wheels. Going to have to do some research to see if they will fit the RR1.

Nice upgrade!!!!

For RR1 you'll want the G060 motors for RR+ G062 has the proper wiring from what I have found. The RR1 and most RPBs all use the left side wired 060 motor whereas the RR+ and maybe the new '21 models use the 062 right side wiring. The 062-750W is the direct replacement to make it a real 750W and the 1000W supposed to require a redo of the wheels. At least with the RR1 it might, the RR+ maybe not. Check your cabeling.

Jttoddy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2021, 06:28:27 AM »
If you have the Bolton Controller upgrade you set the motor to run in the opposite direction via one of the "c" settings.

Radding Along

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2022, 09:45:33 AM »
Old thread, but commenting for future viewing.

The Runner wiring can be moved to the other side of the bike to accommodate the power wire coming out of the opposite side of the replacement wheel. Snip the zip ties, move the wire to the other side and zip it down.

ssleeis

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2023, 04:44:26 PM »
So I been looking for a replacement motor for my sons rad runner plus. He shared off the key way that holds the planetary gears in place. Not sure how that happened but also grind it down the driveshaft itself so on fixable. I?ve been looking just to replace it. Unfortunately they do not make the 500W version. Purchased one from the beginning of this post the 750W.
https://eunorau-ebike.com/products/bafang-g062-fat-tire-48v750w-rear-hub-screw-freewheel-motor?variant=43492447584512
My question was if anyone knew if I absolutely need to have a controller or could I just do a swap with the radrunner plus controller? Thanks let me know if anyone has an idea.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2023, 04:44:26 PM »