News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Radrunner

Started by Daniel, January 28, 2021, 07:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Daniel

I want to replace the skewer on my Runner to anti theft. I've done google searches on my own, varying in price, yet unsure of quality. Any recommendations?

anotherviktor

I've actually made an order for a Hexlox set. One skewer for the front wheel and one for the seatpost. Pricey overall ( with the bolts and the unique key ) but I've read good things. One thing I was told by their support was to get the rear wheel skewer for my RR+ front wheel due to the fat tire.

I can update when my package arrives!

sc00ter

I use the HexLox inserts in all my allen heads. Great product. I've actually purchased a bunch of the inserts and the axle locks for threaded wheels. My beach cruiser, wife's beach cruiser, my Runner seat clamp and seat to post mount, friends 26" bmx bike and to enforce my motor scooter seat to grip lock brackets. I've gotten to know Marcus from HexLox pretty good.

SwedishChef

I also have used Hexlox on my other bike, and they seem to work well. Pricey though, yes. Tiny and easy to lose if you're not super careful. I've never had any issues with them, but I've also seen YouTube videos showing them getting easily removed with a simple magnet. I still use them, but these days I'm just running Kryptonite cable through everything to lock up the RadRunner.
2020 RadRunner in Black
UPGRADES: Fenders, small basket, custom QuadLock phone mount, Suntour NCX suspension seat post, Brooks Cambium C19 'carved' saddle.

stevenjk

Hi anotherviktor!  How did the Hexlox work out? I'm looking for a similar solution for the front wheel of my Radrunner

Veggyhed

I've been trying to figure out if I should get hexlox or pinhead.
I've come across some videos where people have used neodymium ball bearings to fit some of their allen bolts.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk