Author Topic: Radcity 4  (Read 2961 times)

Mobarr

• View Profile
Radcity 4
« on: January 10, 2021, 08:53:34 PM »
Just posting because there are ZERO posts in the Radcity section.  Ordered my Radcity 4, should be shipping in Feb 2021.  Not concerned about the lack of torque, which seems to be the most common issue folks bring up.  I need a commuter, and I think this model is the right one for the job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gatheringtree

• Physician
    • View Profile
Re: Radcity 4
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 11:29:25 AM »
Regarding the "lack of torque" there is a torque rating of 80 in the RadRover motor and a rating of 40 in the RadCity motor. Surprisingly, that makes NO significant difference between the RadRover and the RadCity Step-Thru in acceleration time from 0-20. In one run, the RadCity beat the RadRover by a split second. There is only a negligible difference in hill climbing favoring RadRover. This YouTube video demonstrates this performance comparison well:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmn8xidOjLo  I will try to post a snap shot of the video results on this post. In sum, the large gap between torque ratings of 80 vs 40 makes little difference in actual performance from 0-20 mph. [/img][/img]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 07:51:54 AM by Gatheringtree »

TDR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 09:32:13 AM »
My GF Has the Rad City 3 Step Thru. Top of Seat to ground is 30" in the lowest position.

KWA Colo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 09:34:22 PM »
That's a great video.  My concern was torque too....my City should arrive this Wednesday or Thursday :-) Let's get this section of the forum going :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 04:07:42 PM »
Just signed on.  Will be receiving my Radcity 4 this week.  Excited to get started.

Rboate

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 03:40:59 AM »
I received my RadCity 4 about a week ago, it took about 10 days from date of order to arrive.   I was initially quite concerned about delivery time as my father had ordered one in early May but had no shipping date by the end of June so he canceled his order.  I am very happy with the bike so far and have added a handlebar end mirror.  It would be nice to have more posts / resources here as I am looking for some bags for the bike but am not seeing a lot of RadCity examples.

FresnoRadRider

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 04:48:51 PM »
I bought a RadCity 4 about a month ago and my partner bought a RadCity 3 Step-Thru. Stand-over height for the RadCity is fine for me, but it is a little troublesome to swing your leg over if you have a large trunk back or basket on the rack. My advice for just about everyone would be to get the step-thru, since it is just easier to get on and off of. The other thing is the convenience of the bottle cage mounts on the step-thru. It's in a much more accessible place.

SemperVee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2021, 07:24:42 AM »
  I have a Rad City 3 step thru and only complaint is with 32 inseam I need taller hard to find 450mm seat post.    MY S/O has the white City Step thru at 4ft 10 and she loves hers as is.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 11:15:47 AM by SemperVee »

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2021, 07:24:42 AM »