News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by Ryan, November 28, 2018, 08:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Ddaybc

I'm Dave, I live in Vernon BC Canada and I'm the new owner of a Radwagon 4. I like to be active and love cycling but am unable to use a regular bike now. The Radwagon 4 was a great choice as I'm hoping it will eventually be a car replacement.

Ryan

Quote from: Ddaybc on September 12, 2021, 07:54:17 AM
I'm Dave, I live in Vernon BC Canada and I'm the new owner of a Radwagon 4. I like to be active and love cycling but am unable to use a regular bike now. The Radwagon 4 was a great choice as I'm hoping it will eventually be a car replacement.

Welcome Dave! Enjoy your new RadWagon 4 - it is my favorite model of the lineup.

trepaning

Hello,

Brian in Vancouver Canada. I had an assembled Rad Mission delivered a few days ago. 3rd 12 hour balancing charge finished up this morning, been on 3 short rides, about an hour and a half each, one pushing the bike using assistance 1 and 2, the last one letting the bike do the work using assistance 3 and 4. I never sat on an ebike until the Mission was delivered. I have been a 21-speed commuter for years, but lately found myself disinterested about heading out on my bike on my days off from my labour intensive job. The Mission will make that happen no problem, the bit i have ridden it lets me know it will be fun. I have a bike stem on the way to raise the bars, got the fenders, back rack, kickstand and comfort seat added by the Rad Assembly Team.

I will be asking some maintenance questions, as I plan to get the Rad Mobile crew over once a year to change things, but need to know how frequent changes may be needed for stuff like brake pads and the chain. The Mission will only get 200 -300 a month and I ride all year long, but it will be pushed as far as hills, and I am used to having to change pads, chains and gears every 6 months on the 21-speed acoustic bike. Anyway, that is for another thread perhaps, for now..

Hello.

HAP207

Hello Rad owners. I ordered a Radrunner1. Will be waiting for delivery a few weeks. I've been wanting an e-bike for a while now, and since I can no longer go for long walks due to medical reasons, no time like the present. Hopefully I will get the bike in good time to get some riding in before the cold weather here in Maine. Very excited, I can not wait. I came across this forum today, thought I should join.

moparherb

Welcome Hap207.....you will really like your new Rad ebike

Lolynbo

Hi.   I'm in Oklahoma.  I'm 58. 

Married. 30 yrs tomorrow

I have 3 adult children.   Of which both my daughters have passed away.   Cancer and a drug overdose,    My son races dirt track stock cars.  He's 29

I bought myself the rad mini. It's already got 22 miles.   I bought it to celebrate me surviving breast cancer last yr

Just ordered the mini step (for myself) I'm trading hubs the other mini)

I'm loving this bike

It's lil hard to fold and lift in my get around car my 02 rav.  But I can do it.    Let's just say my legs bruised but it goes

Anyway HOWDY YALL

brewsnbikes

Hello fellow Rad Owners! I'm Briana, I live in SoCal- I just went and picked up my new Rad Mini Step Thru 2 from the Imperial Beach showroom in San Diego yesterday! Excited to get out there and ride and be part of a community that seems so friendly and willing to share their Rad recommendations and insight. Next on my to do list is to get some locks, a phone holder, comfier seat, and one of the 50 gallon bins I've heard others recommend to easily put my bike and partner's in the back of crossover SUV!

CJP

Hope All is well.  1 month of owning rad rover 5 in the Calgary Alberta area. Cant wait to try it out when the snow hits the ground

CA_David

Howdy... David here from Edmonton Alberta Canada.. just ordered a 6 plus.. I understand they operate in temperature up to -21 °C .. we are going to find out.

Duff

HI I'm duff
Located in Spokane, WA , East of Seattle ya know! :)
Just purchased a RadRunner Plus.  My second day into riding and am absolutely enjoying the ride.   
I've Always been a biker or sorts from traditional to Motorcycles, Spiders etc....so after a brief pause,
decided to get back in.  So at 79, here we go, a bit cautious for sure... but never the less
ENJOYING
Thanks

eastcoast909

Hello all:

John from the eastcoast (Dartmouth N.S.) After much research, consultation with my son an opportunity came up to purchase a (new to me) Rad Runner Plus. It is a year old with 1800Kms on it but appear to be in great condition. First impressions is that this is a beast! I sold my old Norco Hybrid mountain bike as my sciatica was not allowing me to get my leg over the cross bar and I could not pedal very far. First outing with this was for two hours and 35 Kms. Love that this allows me to get out and take pictures again.

Altema

Quote from: jbfoster on April 17, 2021, 11:07:31 AM
My wife has no desire to get and ride a Ebike so for now it's just me.

Jim
My wife was like that, but now she wants to spend more time with me and wants an e-bike. She won't even get on mine (scared of the mods), but I think a stock Mini ST would suite her well. I still have my original battery in nice shape, so she'll be able to use that as a spare.

JimInPT

Quote from: Altema on October 17, 2021, 06:33:44 AM
My wife was like that, but now she wants to spend more time with me and wants an e-bike. She won't even get on mine (scared of the mods), but I think a stock Mini ST would suite her well.

Especially at the currently-reduced price, I don't see how you could go wrong with a MiniST - I thoroughly enjoy mine.  Rad sent me a request recently to offer feedback about what I'd like to have changed or added, so I'm even more expecting it to be replaced with a new model fairly soon - meaning I bet you won't get the next generation for just $1,299.

Aside from hydraulic brakes (not sure about reliability of that in a folding design, even though I never fold mine) and more battery capacity, I'm actually struggling with things I think need improving.  I take stuff like a lousy stock seat and lousy stock headlight as a given - they need to hold down costs and many people would swap out both anyway.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

geekxx

Hello!  I am the proud owner of a new Rad Rover 6+!  I picked it up yesterday at the Seattle store. I had to spend 45 minutes out in the rain in the parking lot putting the carrier together so I could get the bike home, but I eventually made it and then spent the rest of the evening attaching the rear rack and rear-view mirror. I finally got a break in the rain earlier this morning and took it out for my first ride. What a blast! I'm looking forward to exploring. Unfortunately it turns out the local trails are off-limits to e-bikes (I literally live less than half a mile from the Duthie Hill mountain bike park), so I'm going to have to figure out other places to ride besides my local streets and the East Lake Sammamish Trail. I would definitely welcome any suggestions on fun places to ride near Seattle's Eastside.

-Jeff

grlrider

Hi everyone I just registered and ordered my radrunner + a few days ago my husband and I just retired and live in San Diego Ca, hope to get outside exercise and meet others.