News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Topeak QuickTrak Adaptor on Rad Rear Rack (Rad Expand)

Started by chopday, May 07, 2022, 08:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

chopday

Based on the specs this will not fit as is on the rear rack that got shipped with the Rad Expand bike.

https://www.topeak.com/us/en/products/248-Accessories/1323-OMNI-QUICKTRACK-ADAPTER.

Any suggestions, DIY mods to make this work ..I am not very savy with mods - so would like your input to check if this is worth investing time in and could it work if there are ways to secure it to the wider (170mm) rear rack ?

SergeL

You may have a look here for some inspiration. https://www.radowners.com/index.php?topic=358.msg7313#msg7313

I managed to adapt the same Topeak adapter to the rear rack on my RadMini ST2. This rack was hard to get (still not sure how I managed, since it had been on back-order for several weeks here in Canada, when a window of opportunity opened for seemingly a few hours, then closed right back!)

Good luck, and please post pictures when it's done!

YMMV

chopday

Quote from: SergeL on May 17, 2022, 12:07:28 PM
You may have a look here for some inspiration. https://www.radowners.com/index.php?topic=358.msg7313#msg7313

I managed to adapt the same Topeak adapter to the rear rack on my RadMini ST2. This rack was hard to get (still not sure how I managed, since it had been on back-order for several weeks here in Canada, when a window of opportunity opened for seemingly a few hours, theclosed right back!

Good luck, and please post pictures when it's done!

YMMV

Thank you for pointing me to the post ..it good to see few DIY options..will give it some thought...

pnwetc

This rack was hard to get (still not sure how I managed, since it had been on back-order for several weeks here in Canada, when a window of opportunity opened for seemingly a few hours, then closed right back!)

Funny enough, I was struggling to find this adapter online earlier this month, and then I happened to walk into my lbs in Metro Vancouver and found like 6-7 of them hanging from a rack. Snatched it up for a decent price too.

I still haven't figured out the best way to mount this thing to my RR+. I'm aiming for a modular approach (I currently switch out my passenger seat and my large basket depending on what I'm doing), but the best ways to secure this rack seem to be more permanent than I was hoping for since it's not a natural fit. If I figure out any great options, I'll be sure to share them here.

SergeL

Quote from: pnwetc on June 01, 2022, 06:06:48 PM
This rack was hard to get (still not sure how I managed, since it had been on back-order for several weeks here in Canada, when a window of opportunity opened for seemingly a few hours, then closed right back!)

Funny enough, I was struggling to find this adapter online earlier this month, and then I happened to walk into my lbs in Metro Vancouver and found like 6-7 of them hanging from a rack. Snatched it up for a decent price too.

I still haven't figured out the best way to mount this thing to my RR+. I'm aiming for a modular approach (I currently switch out my passenger seat and my large basket depending on what I'm doing), but the best ways to secure this rack seem to be more permanent than I was hoping for since it's not a natural fit. If I figure out any great options, I'll be sure to share them here.

I guess my reply was not precise enoough. The window of opportunity I mentioned was with respect to the RadMini rear rack, which always seemed to be out of stock in Canada (but not on their US website, but they wouldn't ship to Canada).

The Topeak adapter, well, I managed to order from Germany. Had I found any locally, I sure would have jumped on the opportunity. But thanks, good to know that there are still some local shops that carry good stuff!