News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

radrunner 2 - rear wheel sprocket, front wheel axle

Started by gebseng, April 25, 2022, 02:19:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

gebseng

Hello everyone on the forum,

I recently purchased a radrunner 2, very happy with it so far!

One question: I'd like to replace the rear wheel sprocket with a larger one to change the transmission ratio (e.g. 26 instead of 20 teeth). since this doesn't look like a "regular" one, can you point me to a source for that?

Also: do you know the dimensions of the front wheel quick release axle? I'd like to replace it with one that is theft protected.

thanks,

geb

Ddaybc

In order to get the correct axle replacement take the QR off of the bike and measure it. You will need two measurements. 1) From the base of the QR cam to the end of the threaded rod. 2) From the base of the QR cam to the beginning of the threads. With those two measurements you will be able to order the correct one from whomever you order it from.
My RW4 lists the front dropout as 135 mm. However I needed to order a 165 mm security axle from Pinhead as the overall length of the rod was that long. The dropout Rad lists is actually the inside width of the forks so be careful.
I don't know anything about the sprockets so I can't help you there. I presume Rad uses a standard sprocket mount but I don't know for sure.

gebseng

Radio Runner

My Rad Runner 2 came with a 16 tooth rear freewheel and i replaced it with a 17T. Is that what your looking to do? If so, what's not "regular" about it? It comes off with a standard freewheel tool.

gebseng

Thanks Radiorunner! Perfect, I thought it was something different. Woulkd you mind sending me a link to the wheel you replaced the original on with?

gebseng

... I got a response from RR service in the meantime, the part number for the 16 tooth freewheel is: LY-BB16T8VNF

Radio Runner

Quote from: gebseng on May 02, 2022, 04:46:01 AM
... I got a response from RR service in the meantime, the part number for the 16 tooth freewheel is: LY-BB16T8VNF

Sorry I missed your post. The freewheel I replaced the stock 16 tooth with was an ACS Claws 17 tooth freewheel. They make an 18 tooth as well if you want to go lower.

gebseng

Quote from: Radio Runner on May 03, 2022, 10:52:10 PM
Quote from: gebseng on May 02, 2022, 04:46:01 AM

Sorry I missed your post. The freewheel I replaced the stock 16 tooth with was an ACS Claws 17 tooth freewheel. They make an 18 tooth as well if you want to go lower.

thanks!