News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RR1 Step Thru

Started by Robws!, April 06, 2022, 02:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Robws!

New to Rad Power Bikes, I'm going to look at a used RR1 ST today. The seller is 5'1" and finds it too big. It has 24 kms on the odometer. Asking $2000 CDN. Price is firm, according to the ad. She paid $2300. Is this reasonable? I'm essentially saving the taxes, which in my province is 15%. Thoughts?

Ddaybc

I bought a RW4 last year and it was listed at $2400 CDN so $2000 CDN is a pretty good deal. At least I think so. Like you said, it's going to save you the 15% taxes which equates to $300 CDN.

Robws!

Quote from: Ddaybc on April 06, 2022, 07:47:41 AM
I bought a RW4 last year and it was listed at $2400 CDN so $2000 CDN is a pretty good deal. At least I think so. Like you said, it's going to save you the 15% taxes which equates to $300 CDN.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll provide an update later. I see the bike after work today.

Robws!

Looked at the bike. I was thrown off by a few things. First, the seller couldn't figure out how to activate the headlight and tail light. Couldn't get the LCD screen on. Thought the battery might've been dead (it wasn't) we just needed to consult the owners manual. Determined the actual mileage: 7 kms. Like new. The second hiccup: she accidentally tipped the bike over scuffing white paint from a stair railing on the seat. She wasn't sure how to clean it off. Maybe a little varsol / paint thinner on a rag? Minor. She agreed to drop the price to $1900 (CDN). I said I'd think it over. Any thoughts? PS I was shocked by how big the bike is in person! I'm 5'9" and 185 lbs, so not an issue for me. The seller is 5'1" so it is clearly too big for her.

rjp

I bought a Rad Rover ST last may.  $1600 US. I'm 67 years old  5'  11" 240LBS. The rad rovers an excellent bike I've put on 4500mi and plan to make 5000mi before May 18th it's birthday. I ride 30-35 a day. Also have a new Mini ST waiting for warmer weather bought that for the hen to drive.  Live in Wisconsin go Badgers!!

JimInPT

Quote from: rjp on April 06, 2022, 06:04:42 PM
I bought a Rad Rover ST last may.  $1600 US. I'm 67 years old  5'  11" 240LBS. The rad rovers an excellent bike I've put on 4500mi and plan to make 5000mi before May 18th it's birthday. I ride 30-35 a day. Also have a new Mini ST waiting for warmer weather bought that for the hen to drive.  Live in Wisconsin go Badgers!!

Best wishes for hitting your mark on your birthday!  My Dad departed in 2018 but would have been 94 on your birthday this year, so you're just a pup.  And it just so happens I have a MiniST2 and dare people to tell me I'm on a "girl's bike".   >:(
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Robws!

Quote from: rjp on April 06, 2022, 06:04:42 PM

I made up my mind. I'm buying the RR ST. The condition of the bike is very close to new. The seller has agreed to drop the price by another $100, so I could order the rear rack. I'd be paying about $400 less than if I ordered it brand new. That's very reasonable for a bike that has 7 kms on the odometer. I noticed the handle bars are not perfectly centered. I'm guessing this is an easy adjustment, just not sure how to do it. I hope to pick the bike up on Sunday.

rjp

I bought the Ibera Bike Rack,  Bicycle Touring Carrier Plus+ get for Disc Brakes IB-RA5. Bought on amazon, fit perfect. Doesn't cost as much as rad rack. Also bought the bag that fits on the rack. Bellow the Amazon add they offer the bundle deals, the rack with different types of bags. The bags snap on and off the rack real easy. Bag I got is heavy duty, works great. I'm able to carry my extra battery in the bag on the rear rack, on my RR ST.  The bag I got is the PakRak Commuter Bag IB- BA11. Check the different bags out on the Ibera web site.   

Robws!

Quote from: rjp on April 07, 2022, 04:19:36 PM
I bought the Ibera Bike Rack - Bicycle Touring Carrier Plus+ for Disc Brake, 0n amazon fit perfect. Doesn't cost as much as rad rack. Also bought the bag that fits on the rack. bellow the Amazon add they offer the bundle deals the rack with different types of bags. the bags snap on and off the rack real easy. Bag I got is heavy duty, works great.   

I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the tip. The other bag I was considering was the Topeak MTX Trunk Bag.

rjp

Robws! If you decide to go with an after market rack, You'll need a wire extension for mounting your tail lite to the back of the rack. I got mine from Bolton Ebikes which is now called Area 13 Ebikes.  Also read my previous post, I made some additions to the info.