News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

rear wheel axle size?

Started by MagnumPA, February 05, 2022, 05:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

MagnumPA

I want to get the pinhead wheel locks, is it M9, M10, or M12? 
Thanks

Radding Along

Veggyhed

Have you bought the pin head locks? I still want to do this but have not yet.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

MagnumPA

They came in the mail the other day but I haven't installed them yet, I started to clean my garage when I went out there to work on the bike.  The Pinhead website has a package for E-bikes for 99$, front skewer, rear nuts, headset lock, and seatpost lock.

rsghowellnj

@MagnumPA - Have you ad any luck with the Pinhead locks?  I wanted to put replace my seat quick release and front skewer but struggling on what size to order.  Any recommendations?  I'm also interested in how you made out with your bike.  I have a RADExpand 5.

MagnumPA

168mm front skewer fits the Radrunner+  perfectly, I'm assuming your bike uses the same wheel?  I haven't installed the rest of the locks yet since I have been able to park my bike inside at work.  I was mainly concerned with replacing the stock front skewer after reading the "front wheel fell while riding" thread here in the RadRunner forum.

MagnumPA

I will add that there is no way to attach a torque wrench to the key/wrench for the skewer, headset, and seat locks.  rear axle key fits in a normal socket.  I thought I had the skewer tightened pretty tight, but I did have to re-tighten it after 4 or 5  4 mile rides.