Author Topic: Honk kind of a noise  (Read 1737 times)

moparherb

• View Profile
Honk kind of a noise
« on: September 17, 2021, 12:12:36 PM »
I have a three week old RadRunner Plus that I really love. I have over 150 mile so far. Only one question or concern. When the bike is sitting still and I gently turn the handlebars one way or the other I get this noise, kind of sounds like a low volume goose call. I know that sounds stupid but I’m having a hard time describing the noise. It’s not audible while I’m riding. It sounds like it could be coming from the area where the quick connect rod for the front wheel is located. But I have loosened and retightened that quick connect and the noise is still there. It’s not a big thing but annoying if the bike is standing still and you move the wheel from side to side. Any help or advise appreciated.

DCH3416

• View Profile
Re: Honk kind of a noise
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 01:49:49 PM »
I have a three week old RadRunner Plus that I really love. I have over 150 mile so far. Only one question or concern. When the bike is sitting still and I gently turn the handlebars one way or the other I get this noise, kind of sounds like a low volume goose call. I know that sounds stupid but I’m having a hard time describing the noise. It’s not audible while I’m riding. It sounds like it could be coming from the area where the quick connect rod for the front wheel is located. But I have loosened and retightened that quick connect and the noise is still there. It’s not a big thing but annoying if the bike is standing still and you move the wheel from side to side. Any help or advise appreciated.
Might be the brake pads. My bike sounds something like that with just about any slight movement.

DCH3416

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 01:55:30 PM »
These units are all pretty notorious for all sorts of brake noises. I had one where my rear wheel was making a scraping noise. Eventually able to diagnose it out after spotting some debris wedged against one of the brake pads.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 01:55:30 PM »