News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Insurance for 2 bikes CANADA

Started by Rboate, September 14, 2021, 04:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Rboate

Has anyone in Canada added a rider to their home insurance to cover a pair of ebikes.  I contacted my home insurance provider and supplied the bill of sale,confirmation of motor wattage, and speed limited to 32km.  My broker says the underwriter won't provide coverage because of the 750 watt motor even though I confirmed it was only 500 watts on Canadian bikes.

Joel52334

I use Veloinsurance, check if they offer Cadian coverage.  It is a bicycle inclusive insurance.  It is their market.  See what they say. 

Most home insurance here in Iowa, USA doesn't offer high-end specialized equipment.  The owner/renter deductible is set at ~$1k, which would suck!
I'm an RW4 owner. I'm not using any of these ancient forums. (ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM). Instead look for @joelhuebner, joel.huebner, joel.huebner@gmail.com, joel52334.
That's where you will find me.
This forum uses UTC time. GMT-0.  I'm at GMT-5 CDT.

Ddaybc

I'm in Canada and I use Intact insurance for my house and they cover an e-bike up to 500 watts. When I spoke to them they said I didn't need to add any extra insurance as they already include coverage for one e-bike. The bike had to be restricted to the 500 watts mentioned, a top speed of 32 kmh (I think) and they insure up to a maximum of $3000.00 CDN. When I gave them the wattage and top speed of my Radwagon 4 they said it was covered and, if it is stolen, all I need to do is confirm ownership and it would be covered.

If I had a claim I'm guessing they would need some additional information as well but I was happy with their answer. If we get two e-bikes I'll look into additional insurance.

trepaning

In Canada, I also use Intact Insurance.

RiderDan