News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Handlebar mounted basket

Started by klutes, September 04, 2021, 10:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

klutes

I'm looking for a handlebar mounted basket that won't interfere with the cords to the display, gears, and brakes. I found one that I just zip tied one but it seems to mess with the cables which causes the gears to not shift and the brake to mess up. Any ideas?  Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d0n

the rad basket works well on the runner+.

ChickenLegs

(on a RW4)
Steca samba. Rock solid, bolts round the headtube, rated to 15kg and its easy to drop crates in because of the lip. It sits forward of the headtube so there is space to route all cables between it and the basket/tray.

https://hollandbikeshop.com/en-gb/branded-bicycle-parts/steco/steco-front-carrier/steco-front-carrier-headset-mount/steco-front-rack-samba-44x32cm-headset-attachment-black/?country_id=261

Joel52334

I installed the dual water bottle mount on my RW4, I added the front basket.  The only thing freaky about it, it doesn't turn...DUH!  I think those are M5 bolts.  I have a kit of Metric bolts.  Easy to find on Amazon. I think I added 25mm in length from the stock bolts. Man those screws are handy!  I was able to stack it all.  I used more zip ties for cable management.  A good set of Metric tools go a long way. 

Yea, President Carter signed the Metric System, as the preferred measurement standard.  Unless you only have 25+-year-old beaters, Most stuff after that is Metric anyway.  You can't re-source the spec's on a GM vehicle for SAE countries.  The US is one of 2 countries in the world still using the "queen's system"!
I'm an RW4 owner. I'm not using any of these ancient forums. (ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM). Instead look for @joelhuebner, joel.huebner, joel.huebner@gmail.com, joel52334.
That's where you will find me.
This forum uses UTC time. GMT-0.  I'm at GMT-5 CDT.

allenlbrown

Purchased this handlebar bag on amazon and attached it to the rear basket replacing a tiny seat bag. Works Great!

https://amzn.to/3pFNoBO

Joel52334

IMHO and by some accessory reviewers on YT, think handlebar baskets put unwarranted pressure on the thrust bearings on the handlebar post.  It makes sense.  I have the post-mounted RP front basket.

Quote from: klutes on September 04, 2021, 10:53:26 AM
I'm looking for a handlebar mounted basket that won't interfere with the cords to the display, gears, and brakes. I found one that I just zip tied one but it seems to mess with the cables which causes the gears to not shift and the brake to mess up. Any ideas?  Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm an RW4 owner. I'm not using any of these ancient forums. (ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM). Instead look for @joelhuebner, joel.huebner, joel.huebner@gmail.com, joel52334.
That's where you will find me.
This forum uses UTC time. GMT-0.  I'm at GMT-5 CDT.