News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Help! Child Seat for a big toddler

Started by jfosdick, August 26, 2021, 11:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

jfosdick

Hi freinds,

I just got a Radrunner and trying to find a child seat for my 2yo daughter.  I am having a heck of a time finding anything that will fit that isn't the Thule Yepp.  I like that seat, but it definitely for more petite/younger kids.  My daughter is already 36lbs and stands waist high.  She's bigger then a lot of 4yo kids at the playground... The problem is she's got the control and cognitive ability of a two year old despite appearances.  So we are definitely still in the world of child seats.  Been looking at the Topeak Babyseat II but not sure I can attach it to the runner. They have a weight rating of 48lbs and a little more room for bigger toddlers. Looks like you need their specific rack?  She loves the bike and tells me she wants to go "weee" with me so any help for me and the little miss is going to be appreciated. Looked at adding the Mac Rides seat too, but looks like you would have to cut down the front stem tapered collar to make it fit and I don't know if I want to go full grinder on the bike quite yet.  Haven't even owned it for a week lol...

MagnumPA

The Yepp Nexxt Maxi can hold 48.5 lbs and should fit perfectly if it uses the same rack attachment as the Yepp Maxi. 

The review I read on the Yepp Maxi was written by a Mom who was still using it with her 6 year old son, so it might work for a few years for you? 

radwagonlfp

Quote from: MagnumPA on September 05, 2021, 10:29:19 PM
The Yepp Nexxt Maxi can hold 48.5 lbs and should fit perfectly if it uses the same rack attachment as the Yepp Maxi. 

The review I read on the Yepp Maxi was written by a Mom who was still using it with her 6 year old son, so it might work for a few years for you?

Where did you see 48.5 lbs??

MagnumPA

Quote from: radwagonlfp on October 11, 2021, 11:09:31 AM
Quote from: MagnumPA on September 05, 2021, 10:29:19 PM

Where did you see 48.5 lbs??

here if you read about halfway down   
https://rascalrides.com/thule-yepp-maxi-bike-seat-review/