Author Topic: putting mini into the tote  (Read 4032 times)

janiskedanis@gmail.com

• View Profile
putting mini into the tote
« on: August 25, 2021, 03:42:32 PM »
There have been lots of suggestions on how to load the mini into the back of a van or suv using a 50 gal. tote with wheels. My question is: how to get the bike INTO the tote by yourself if you can't deadlift almost 70 lbs?

RandyS

• View Profile
Re: putting mini into the tote
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 09:35:39 PM »
I've only lifted mine into the tub (and it is heavy), but what if you put the tub on its side and put it up against something firm?  Then you could fold the bike next to it and sort of lay the bike down a bit and move it wheels first into the sideways tub and then shift the tub and bike into the upright position with the bottom of the tub on the ground? I'll have to try that...

WagsideHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 06:03:38 AM »
I'm a new RadMini Step-Thru 2 owner, and having read about the tub idea in several areas.. I purchased the largest tub I could, to be ready for my bike's arrival!

BUT...

I experienced the same issues you did. Hefting the bike into the bin was horrible. I get the chain, mechanics caught on the side repeatedly. Lifting hurt my back. Chain came off. That bike is H.E.A.V.Y.

After one really frustrating wrestling match with the bike and tub... I started just "riding" the bike up into the back of my Escape (with back seats folded down).

It's so much easier!!!

I fold the Rad handlebars down, remove the battery. Lift the front end of the bike onto the back of the Escape. "Walk" the second tire up. Lay the bike down with the chain facing up.

I brought the bin back to Lowe's and got my $$ back.

I wish I had the strength and agility to fold the bike, get it easily lifted in the tub, and get the tub in the back of my SUV without a struggle. It would certainly take up less room than putting it in "full size" with just the handlebars folded. But I just couldn't do it. Maybe I need to go to the gym more-?? 8)

Good luck with your bike! I'm 89 miles in and LOVING it so far!

Jen

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 06:03:38 AM »