News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

down on power?

Started by RDUB, August 22, 2021, 07:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Altema

JimInPT is correct, and I did perform extensive tests as an engineer. I really don't give a rat's behind about numbers stamped on a motor core, as that does not reflect customizations or adaptations to a customer specification before Bafang ships the product out. I can say that Rad's motors do indeed meet the electrical specifications for a 750 watt motor, and peaks above 1600 watts. Unless you need to bypass Rad's internal speed limiter, there is no reason to swap the Rad motor out for another motor which is heavier and has less torque.

My tests were done on four motors: One Rad and three of the Bolton so-called "true 750 watt", and you know what I wound up with? Three failed Bolton motors, and one Rad motor that just shrugged it off and was fine. Bolton actually took one of the motors back, and I repaired the other two. My Rad motor used in the tests is actually being used right now by another member here in a different bike, and he states it is working beautifully. And for memories, below is a photo of a Bolton motor failure, and also a shot of the Rad motor cheerfully handling over 1600 watts.

Radding Along

Well put. Now check back in a few months and copy and paste your response when the next guy takes his motor apart and sees a 350 sticker!