News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RadRover 6 Plus Shipments?

Started by beelee51, August 17, 2021, 05:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

beelee51

I finally decided to order E-bikes for my wife and I. Order placed August 3rd for the RadRover 6 plus. Has anyone received their RadRover 6 plus yet? I'm curious how close their estimated date of September 30th is for shipments? The date hasn't changed since I placed my order. Since they just released this new version of the RadRover in July it makes sense they have a lot of orders coming in and who knows what kind of supply challenges they are faced with.

Mori55

I'm in the same boat as you. Hoping they ship sooner.

jimk1963

If you're anywhere near San Diego, the Imperial Beach store has these in stock now for their grand opening. Purchased two charcoal step-thru's today. Just posted a Day-One review on another thread.

beelee51

Quick update: I just got a shipment notice on 8/30 for the step-thru RR6+ I ordered on 8/3, so good news is they are shipping earlier than the 9/30 estimated date. This bike will be for my wife who is 125ish lbs should be plenty power for her. Still no update on the regular RR6+ for me but will hopefully ship soon. If anything this will give me some time to learn her bike with assembling and getting her to practice with it. Both 1st time e-bike owners.

SookieWasHere

Just FYI... waiting for mine here in Canada (RR6+) and the website indicates shipment on Oct. 18... since July:

RadRover 6 Plus
Electric Fat Bike
Color:
Charcoal
Ships: Estimated by Oct 18th
Price:   
$2,399 CAD
Add to Cart

beelee51

Yes, date change here in the USA. They must have just changed the estimated date to 10/15 recently.

"Ships: Estimated by October 15th"

radgranddad

Ordered the older Rover on June 22nd, and updated the order to the RR6 Step through on July 21st.  Still no guesses on when I'll see it.  In Michigan, the summer is almost over.  Guess the earlier order didn't help get the RR6 any sooner.   I'm starting to wonder about Rad if people are getting theirs already, in the store or not.....

Update - I checked on the "order status" via their email system, indicating I was going on vacation and wanted to know what I could expect.  I got a reply after a couple days, and, you guessed it, they said they were going to ship it when I was on vacation.  So I let them know the days I was gone, and then their story changed.  They said, actually, it had already shipped.  Tracking number provided, etc.  Never did get the normal notification that was supposed to occur when it shipped.  Of course arriving while I was gone.  Luckily I can place a vacation hold with FedEx, so unless something else goes wrong, I'll receive it when I get back.  I see there was a post in the General chat about "Delivery notices are BS".   Seems to be the case for me.   

Hope they shipped the right color....

twistydave

waiting on mine tooooooooooooooooooooo

Jliving10

Ordered my RP 6+ in Aug 8 and just shipped to me today on Sept 4.  I live in SF Bay Area.

EZRad

Received my RR6+ on Thursday September 2nd in Eastern WA. Super Happy!

stealthster

Ordered mine on 7/24/21, a little disappointing to hear others received theirs already that ordered weeks afterwards, hopefully I'll hear something soon.  If you received your Rad Rover 6 Plus, please spend a few minutes to tell everyone your thoughts, likes, dislikes, etc. in the reviews thread.  Some information from buyers that received theirs would be good to hear for everyone.

Mori55

I ordered mine 7/28 and have heard nothing at all. I see post where people have ordered a couple of weeks ago and received them. Pisses me off.

wmoore

Ordered mine on August 12, got the usual delivery date of 9/30. But I got a ship notice on 8/31 and Fedex said it would arrive 9/2. I was going to be gone that day so I filled out a vacation hold on Fedex. Then I got a delivery notice from Fedex it would be delivered 9/7. On that day about 1PM I got a text and email saying my shipment had been delivered. But it had not. Waited until the end of day, still no delivery. Clicked on the "did not receive" link on Rad's website, sent two emails. No response to either yet. Tried the chat-bot on Fedex.com saying it had not been delivered, I got a reply it may take 5-7 days to figure it out. The next day I called Rad about 8:30AM, talked to a person, they said they would pass this to their shipments department. It's 7:30PM now, have not heard any update from Rad or Fedex. Very frustrated. Is this the kind of service I will get if I need a repair, etc? Not as excited about Rad as I was before.

beelee51

Yes I've heard there are a lot of shipping issues as far as communication and what they say is happening vs reality. Too bad everyone isn't as good as Amazon. But I've heard other E-bike companies have similar problems so I don't think it gets better elsewhere. I wish you luck and hopefully you get answers soon enough. My RR6+ step thru is currently stuck in Illinois!

Ryan

Received mine and did a live unboxing: https://youtu.be/zxkQYDj8Ykc

So far I am enjoying it though more testing needed!