Author Topic: Feeler: RadWagon 4 StandKeeper  (Read 2224 times)

cwitt

• View Profile
Feeler: RadWagon 4 StandKeeper
« on: June 03, 2021, 02:20:33 PM »
I you've got a RadWagon 4, you're well aware that the center stand bounces and rattles when hitting bumps of any size. It's honestly the only complaint I have about this awesome bike.

I challenged my uber-smart kids to solve this via CAD and 3D printing, and they've created a "StandKeeper" that works great. It just snaps onto the frame and stand, nice and positively. It stays put when parked, so that the stand just pops right back into it when you leave. (provided you don't kick it when the stand is deployed)

I tested it by hitting some big bumps, dropping off curbs, etc. and my stand never moved or made a noise. Blissful! The only downside is that I'm suddenly aware of how much chain slap noise there is when I hit bumps. :)

We're thinking they would be colored black, to match best with all of the RadWagon 4 paint schemes. This prototype is blue, because that's the color of high-strength printer filament (PETG) that we had laying around.

What do you think? Would you be interested in one of these?

Is $15 shipped within the continental US reasonable? (USPS flat rate shipping is ~$8.00)

Thanks!

Curtis

cwitt

• View Profile
Re: Feeler: RadWagon 4 StandKeeper
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 12:10:54 PM »
FYI, I've cross-posted this to r/RadPowerBikes. If you're interested, please head there and let us know. Thanks!

https://www.reddit.com/r/RadPowerBikes/comments/ns8yej/feeler_radwagon_4_standkeeper/

Corbin Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 12:41:29 PM »
Hi,

Bought one of these and have to say, it works very well. When positioned correctly,  the stand automatically clicks into place and remains there until you use the stand. It feels like an oem piece and is a great addition to my Rad Wagon 4. Thank you so much!

Joel52334

• Using my RPW4 for my cardiac rehab.
    • View Profile
    • Oh the things I know & do! --(under construction)
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 10:08:29 PM »
I you've got a RadWagon 4, you're well aware that the center stand bounces and rattles when hitting bumps of any size. It's honestly the only complaint I have about this awesome bike.

I challenged my uber-smart kids to solve this via CAD and 3D printing, and they've created a "StandKeeper" that works great. It just snaps onto the frame and stand, nice and positively. It stays put when parked, so that the stand just pops right back into it when you leave. (provided you don't kick it when the stand is deployed)

I tested it by hitting some big bumps, dropping off curbs, etc. and my stand never moved or made a noise. Blissful! The only downside is that I'm suddenly aware of how much chain slap noise there is when I hit bumps. :)

We're thinking they would be colored black, to match best with all of the RadWagon 4 paint schemes. This prototype is blue, because that's the color of high-strength printer filament (PETG) that we had laying around.

What do you think? Would you be interested in one of these?

Is $15 shipped within the continental US reasonable? (USPS flat rate shipping is ~$8.00)

Thanks!

Curtis

I've got calipers & 2 Ender3's...hmmmm
I'm an RW4 owner. I'm not using any of these ancient forums. (ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM). Instead look for @joelhuebner, joel.huebner, joel.huebner@gmail.com, joel52334.
That's where you will find me.
This forum uses UTC time. GMT-0.  I'm at GMT-5 CDT.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 10:08:29 PM »