Author Topic: Comprehensive List of Accessories for Rad Power Bikes  (Read 205452 times)

Ray.Marx.67@gmail.com

• View Profile
Re: Comprehensive List of Accessories for Rad Power Bikes
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2021, 08:10:37 PM »
I have the RadRunner Plus ST and am interested in a few upgrades like:

the bafang 750W replacement motor and controller/display upgrades,

a possibility of a decent windshield,

handlebar extenders, (to add more stuff to,)

Bike seatposts that can bring the seat down to near factory height and comfortable seat replacement,

bike shelters/tents for camping and storage,

eBike compatible plug-n-play alarms,

lights with turn signals,

wheel/tire replacements including non-tubed setups,

an under rear rack box that can also accommodate a secondary battery and the controller that's lockable,

Panniers/Storage that are solid waterproof boxes, more/better storage options,

waterproof controller box for under the bike,

drink holder to accommodate a can not just bottles,

and a bike cover. 

I'm particularly interested in an alarm that's integrated into the lights and such that also has GPS tracking via an Android App/Google Maps. It should also have turn signals.

Seatpost/Seats to actually upgrade to Plus to with suspension for the driver.

OH where's the bolt replacement for the quick release front wheel?!? Why doesn't it actually come with it?!?

My current setup minus the large basket I put on the front:

nafis

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2021, 09:43:17 AM »
Here is a Radcity Step-thru 3 rack spare battery holder: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4894232

esotericist

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2021, 10:21:42 AM »
CustomTAYLOR33 Reflective Rim Tape

so, i quite like the look of the reflective rim tape linked here, but i'm having a little trouble telling what diameter i would need for the radwagon 4. the rim size doesn't seem to be clearly documented for the custom tires used on this bike. anyone have any more data on that? i tried measuring, but i'm genuinely unsure if i'm measuring it right (and i get something off from the available values for that store page, seems like somewhere between 18" and 19")

peanutbutterpope

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2021, 10:09:36 AM »
Not sure if this mirror has been suggested yet but I have this on my RW4 and it works quite well thus far. I mounted it between my left grip and the bike controller making sure not to let the bolt touch the bell (which would make it inoperable).
When I have more time I will read through all 4 pages and study the list a bit more,.

Thanks for putting this list together @Ryan  8)

Hafny New Handlebar Bike Mirror, HD Blast-Resistant, Safe Crystal Clear Glass Mirror, Adjustable Rotatable Bike Mirror, Rearview Mirror, Bicycle Mirror,HF-MR095
https://amzn.to/2Twcu8l

Cheers!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 11:47:53 AM by Ryan »
Stay RAD!

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2021, 11:50:20 AM »
CustomTAYLOR33 Reflective Rim Tape

so, i quite like the look of the reflective rim tape linked here, but i'm having a little trouble telling what diameter i would need for the radwagon 4. the rim size doesn't seem to be clearly documented for the custom tires used on this bike. anyone have any more data on that? i tried measuring, but i'm genuinely unsure if i'm measuring it right (and i get something off from the available values for that store page, seems like somewhere between 18" and 19")

Unfortunately, I think he only makes the standard sizes. On Amazon you can select 20" or 26" ebikes. However, he's a super nice guy so if you go to his website I'm sure he'd sell you a custom set (he did some custom work for my branding).
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 06:45:23 AM by Ryan »

JimInPT

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2021, 08:46:30 AM »
Ryan, you might want to consider adding your referral link with the Redshift ShockStop suspension seatpost to your list.  It fits perfectly on my Rad MiniST2 with no mods and is a well-designed and well-made product.  Comfy with my Cloud 9 seat.

https://amzn.to/3j7cBBr

At the moment (17 Aug 2021) it's on sale at Amazon, knocked down from $230 to $190 which is a pretty good deal for a product that's not cheap.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 07:59:36 PM by Ryan »
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2021, 08:00:29 PM »
Ryan, you might want to consider adding your referral link with the Redshift ShockStop suspension seatpost to your list.  It fits perfectly on my Rad MiniST2 with no mods and is a well-designed and well-made product.  Comfy with my Cloud 9 seat.

https://amzn.to/3j7cBBr

At the moment (17 Aug 2021) it's on sale at Amazon, knocked down from $230 to $190 which is a pretty good deal for a product that's not cheap.

Absolutely it belongs on the list. I have one I have been testing out and it works great.

Joel52334

• Using my RPW4 for my cardiac rehab.
    • View Profile
    • Oh the things I know & do! --(under construction)
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2021, 10:42:07 PM »
Hi Guys, I'm trying to find; where I can buy the factory standard battery mounting plate (just the plate) no wiring. I am creating a second (spare) battery mount for longer trips, I want it to be lockable and sturdy (like the mounting factory battery base plate). I will mount it to the front or rear rack on my Rover 5.
Hey Frank,

I found a model on Thingiverse dot com/thing:4600227

If you have a friend with a 3D Printer, or you could make a new friend (hint) it could happen PM me.
I'm an RW4 owner. I'm not using any of these ancient forums. (ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM). Instead look for @joelhuebner, joel.huebner, joel.huebner@gmail.com, joel52334.
That's where you will find me.
This forum uses UTC time. GMT-0.  I'm at GMT-5 CDT.

Joel52334

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2021, 10:47:20 PM »
I'll cover this in an upcoming video, but the only suspension seatpost that *might* work is the Kinekt 2.1. You'll need the largest size they sell, the 31.6: https://amzn.to/34T9ogi

Then you can buy the 31.6 to 34.9 seatpost shim: https://bit.ly/337la9C

Again, I have not tried this myself and it's critical that you realize that you will be limited on adjustability. Hope this helps!

Hi Ryan, so I have a new question for you. Here's my situation. Currently I don't want to remove the RadWagon 4 seat from the oem seatpost in case it is damaged. The seat is holding together on the seatpost ok for now. I saw in one of the for sale photos....that the previous owner had a different seat installed but then he switched it back to stock before I bought the bike.  It looks like the seat attachment might be broken but it is holding for now. I don't want to attempt to remove the seat in case it falls apart and then I would not be able to ride. I want to keep the stock/oem seat and seatpost together so I always have that option or for however long it lasts. Mine does look like the seat attachment might of been broken by the previous owner.

The RadPower bikes website does NOT have a RadWagon 4 replacement oem/stock 34.9 seatpost for sale.

I did purchase a cloud 9 seat that I'd like to use. So alternatively, instead of looking for a suspension seatpost, are there any 34.9 long seatposts that you can recommend? 

Or are there any 31.6 long seatposts you recommend? - Then I'd also buy the 31.6 to 34.9 seatpost shim you recommend above.

I'd like to at least use my new cloud 9 seat but I think it will be best to attach it to a new seatpost. Thanks!!
the RPB website says on its parts/accessories page.  If you can't find something, call us.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 07:43:41 PM by Ryan »
I'm an RW4 owner. I'm not using any of these ancient forums. (ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM). Instead look for @joelhuebner, joel.huebner, joel.huebner@gmail.com, joel52334.

Joel52334

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2021, 11:00:42 PM »
Hi Ryan thanks for the feed back on spokes.
I also contacted Rad Europe and they provided me with the following info. for my Rad Rhino which may be of interest to others.
This is all the information you requested about the spokes:

Spokes   12-gauge, stainless steel, black
Spoke length front   258 mm
Spoke length rear   220 mm
Spoke tension (front, rear)   100 kgf

Detailed Specs is what most manufacturers supply, as a guide of some kind.  You can buy a manual for a John Deere 1932 Model B, Mechanics, Owners, Parts.   (ok that's public domain by now)

The right to repair issue is still in flux.  just wiki right to repair.  BTW John Deere and Apple oppose this the mostist. Pun intended.

Ddaybc

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2021, 12:32:27 PM »
Hi Ryan,
This is a great list and I'm currently in the market for upgrading some of the accessories for my Radwagon 4 so it's very handy. However, I looked at some accessories from the list here as well as from the list you have on your Ebike Escape website and was unable to find a way to order several items without paying separate shipping fees for each item. That gets prohibitively expensive very quickly.

Is there a way to purchase items through you, from several Amazon vendors, and still only pay one shipping fee? In that way we can support either the forum or your Ebike Escape website?

Dave

Packrat1

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2021, 01:42:13 PM »
I recommend the Pedego cell phone mount $29 if you have your phone in a case it’s very solid. I have a Ram mount Roto X too but I find the Pedego less obtrusive. Of note the Pedego is not the same as the Rad Branded cell phone mount. The Rad one isn’t as versatile in my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 01:45:42 PM by Packrat1 »

JimInPT

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2021, 07:52:04 AM »
I recommend the Pedego cell phone mount $29 if you have your phone in a case it’s very solid. I have a Ram mount Roto X too but I find the Pedego less obtrusive. Of note the Pedego is not the same as the Rad Branded cell phone mount. The Rad one isn’t as versatile in my opinion.

I think the Pedego in your photo is a branded version of this one on Amazon, which I bought some time ago and like very much - it's super solid once you get it adjusted and everything tightened down: https://amzn.to/3kZCrrz

Somewhat less expensive than the Pedego version, too - they cycle up/down in price and appear due to drop a bit below $17 again soon - that's what I paid.  My Samsung S10e inside its thick Otterbox Defender case is at the outer limits of the width range, but fits fine and holds fast.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 02:03:15 PM by Ryan »
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

RadBirder

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2021, 05:42:27 AM »
Hello! I just got my Radrunner and I'm in love. However, instead of a new seat, I'm looking at gel seat covers. Any recommendations? I'm worried most of them are much larger than the seat and will not fit. TIA!

rad-rocket-5

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2022, 08:21:02 PM »
You might want to add this for winter studded tires. They are a perfect fit, no rubbing, and are a game changer in winter.

45NRTH Dillinger 4 – 26 x 4.0 Studded Tire - 120tpi.
https://45nrth.com/products/dillinger-4

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum