Author Topic: Bar end mirrors  (Read 4042 times)

anotherviktor

• View Profile
Bar end mirrors
« on: December 22, 2020, 06:17:37 PM »
Hello! My RR+ is on the way ( been checking that DHL tracking page too much ) and I'm deciding on some first must-have accessories/addons.

I know that Mirrycle has been proposed a lot in older topics, but does anyone has any experience with other bar end mirrors?

I was looking at Corky Urban but I doubt the fixed version will work with the stock grips - It's pricey but I like the minimalist design

Another minimalist option with good reviews is the Hafny bar end mirror - it seems that it would work well - has anyone tried them?

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bar end mirrors
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 07:47:10 PM »
I'd imagine the Hafny mirrors would work on the RadRunner Plus but I've only tested them out on our RadWagon. Here is the video I made (full disclosure: Hafny sent me a bunch of mirrors to review)

https://youtu.be/dOxQ64eTyOQ

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

wkindred

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 06:21:48 AM »
Hello! My RR+ is on the way ( been checking that DHL tracking page too much ) and I'm deciding on some first must-have accessories/addons.

I know that Mirrycle has been proposed a lot in older topics, but does anyone has any experience with other bar end mirrors?

I was looking at Corky Urban but I doubt the fixed version will work with the stock grips - It's pricey but I like the minimalist design

Another minimalist option with good reviews is the Hafny bar end mirror - it seems that it would work well - has anyone tried them?

i had tried several bar-end mirrors on my radrunner 1 but ran into side clearance issues during several of my rides. the mirrycle bar-end mirror requires extensive modification to work with the radrunner 1 (see my comments in this thread https://www.radowners.com/index.php?topic=295.msg1286#msg1286). not sure if this would also be an issue with the radrunner plus. i finally settled on the hafny right (hf-mr080r) and left (hf-mr080l) "handlebar mirrors". $15 each and free shipping on ebay.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 06:47:29 AM by wkindred »

Count

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 02:17:07 PM »
I like my bar end mirrors hanging low!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 02:19:10 PM by Count »

anotherviktor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 09:24:03 AM »
Thanks for the input everyone! I ordered the HF-MR90S/B from Hafny ( found it on sale ) - Waiting to see how it'll work & I'll update here with a pic!

spyder918

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 03:40:54 AM »
Thanks for the input everyone! I ordered the HF-MR90S/B from Hafny ( found it on sale ) - Waiting to see how it'll work & I'll update here with a pic!

I just got this exact mirror for my RR Step-thru and it works perfect.  It's a solid fit and doesn't move or loosen during rides either.  You'll be happy I'm sure.

marvinsgarden

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 02:29:12 PM »
I rode BMW motorcycle for years and tried several bar end mirrors.  The real takeaway is in your line of sight. You HAVE to look to the side to see the mirror because they are low and out of your normal line of sight. That means you take your eyes OFF the road... That why I went back to high handlebar mirrors.

handlebar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2021, 09:59:29 PM »
Like Marvinsgarden, I rode BMW motorcycles for years. Before them, I rode thousands of miles on English bicycles. All those mirrors had flat glass and stems long enough to get them out past my arm and up somewhere near eye level.

I didn't find anything like that for my Radrunner, so I tried an end mirror. On my first ride, I heard a car close behind me. I studied my mirror and couldn't see it. When we came to a straight stretch, it passed. Its gray paint was about the same shade as the pavement, and the convex mirror made its image six times smaller. I rode straight home and removed that hazardous mirror.

I ordered one that was supposed to be flat. It was convex, making images three times smaller. What's more, I couldn't see past my arm. I mounted it upside down on the right and bought a right-hand mirror to mount upside down on the left. I really didn't feel safe.

Then I found a flat mirror with an 11.5" stem: the Sunlite HD II. Friction keeps the stem from rotating in the clamp, but I could swing the mirror inboard if necessary for storage. Before removing the right convex mirror, I took photos of a car with a high-contrast paint color only 100 feet behind me, under midday light.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 10:11:14 AM by handlebar »

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2021, 09:59:29 PM »