Author Topic: thule yepp maxi and large basket ? or ballard cargo bags ?  (Read 3358 times)

jonaswal

• View Profile
thule yepp maxi and large basket ? or ballard cargo bags ?
« on: June 04, 2021, 05:49:52 AM »
Hi everyone !  :D

I just ordered a radwagon 4 and a thule yepp maxi for my 4yo boy.

Is is possible to add a large basket behind the thule seat ?

Or ballard cargo bags ?

I guess it's not officially compatible, but does anybody achieved to manage something like this ?

Thank you for your help, and sorry for my poor english !

Jonas (Belgium)

totsubo

• View Profile
Re: thule yepp maxi and large basket ? or ballard cargo bags ?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 08:05:37 AM »
I have two Thule Yepp Maxi seats. I used to have both mounted to one bike with the caboose. I now have only one seat mounted and in the rear position because the front position pinches my twin daughter's legs when they were 29 months old.

If you don't have the caboose, you might be able to get a custom basket mounted behind the seat. I am thinking of getting a front mounted basket for my bike. However, I will have to go with a custom mount. Radpower doesn't have a basket large enough. Most things I carry are larger than their standard basket.

wagon4owner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 01:00:17 PM »
I already have the ballard cargo bags on by Radwagon 4. Does anyone know if ther Yepp Maxi would fit over them? I am planning to buy the Yepp Maxi next but just want to know if someone has used both yepp maxi and ballard bags together?

Barbara Seymour

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 04:20:29 AM »
The Yepp Maxi does not fit over the cargo bags. I didn't pay enough attention to this and wish I had. I wonder if Rad is going to come out with cargo bags that somehow work with this setup? Rad says that the pannier works with the Yepp, but when they are reasonably full they smush my child's feet and don't work if the seat is in the back and the bags in the front. Note in this set up you can only have one child in the seat and the bags, another child's legs don't fit comfortably with the bags.

wapple

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 01:44:45 PM »
I think you have to go basket. After a few different trials I settled with this large basket from container store: https://www.containerstore.com/s/grey-modular-stackable-crates/d?q=crate&productId=11004082. I mounted it straight into the four holes in the rear rack. It hangs off the back a good bit so I reinforced it with steel strong-ties.

wagon4owner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 01:34:55 PM »
The Yepp Maxi does not fit over the cargo bags. I didn't pay enough attention to this and wish I had. I wonder if Rad is going to come out with cargo bags that somehow work with this setup? Rad says that the pannier works with the Yepp, but when they are reasonably full they smush my child's feet and don't work if the seat is in the back and the bags in the front. Note in this set up you can only have one child in the seat and the bags, another child's legs don't fit comfortably with the bags.
Hi, actually, we were able to fit the ballard bag with 1 Yepp maxi on the RW4. Please see attached pic.. Hope this helps people in a similar situation.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 02:01:11 PM by wagon4owner »

Corbin Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2021, 10:25:56 AM »

Hi, actually, we were able to fit the ballard bag with 1 Yepp maxi on the RW4. Please see attached pic.. Hope this helps people in a similar situation.
[/quote]

Clever!!

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum