Author Topic: Error code 25  (Read 9200 times)

mitch96

• View Profile
Error code 25
« on: April 26, 2021, 12:54:47 PM »
Hi, Went thru the standard trouble shooting routine from Rad and showed the brake lite was not working. Disconnect the rear brake lite and error gone. Got a new rear brake lite from Rad and still have the code 25 error. Called Rad and they say it's either the cable or controller. Reading the previous posts about controller errors I think it's the controller. Rad wants $135 for a new controller and cable. I opted for the cable first before sinking money into a controller. I might upgrade to a 35A controller down the road. They are sending a new cable at no charge to me.
Nice customer service but I would like a working controller ! I can just leave it alone and not hook up the back brake but I'm thinking the controller is gonna crap out. YMMV.
mitch

Tony

• View Profile
Re: Error code 25
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 02:07:08 PM »
Yeah, I had this same problem. Rad sent a new rear light , this didn’t solve the problem so they sent me a new controller which sorted the problem. All free under warranty and free postage return for faulty items.  I have since uprated to a 35 amp controller.  Well worth the upgrade.  Tony

mitch96

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 05:42:54 AM »
Yeah, I had this same problem. Rad sent a new rear light , this didn’t solve the problem so they sent me a new controller which sorted the problem. .  Tony
[/i]
If the new cable does not sort the problem, I'm going with the 35a controller. It's more expensive but from what I've read it's reliable.. Does rad have a problem with it's controllers? I've noticed some people having problems with them..
m

FortunatelyTheMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 09:19:30 AM »
I think the brake lights are more prone to breaking than the controllers.

mitch96

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 05:58:08 AM »
I think the brake lights are more prone to breaking than the controllers.

You would think that but from what I'm reading on the forums there are quite a few controller problems. It could just be poor solder joints at the controller/cable connection or bad voltage regulator chips? Who knows.
mitch

Veggyhed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 08:35:53 AM »
I have had an error 25 before and it was when I added an extension to my brake light.
What I noticed was the error comes up when the brake light wire is coiled. It seems to be some sort of feedback that the controller does not like. Once I straightened out the wire error code disappeared.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

mitch96

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 12:23:30 PM »
Ok, I'm not feeling the love from RadPower customer service...Error code 25.. Turns out when the rear brake lite is disconnected the error goes away. New break lite did not fix the error RAD POWER said it was either the cable from the controller or the controller. I opted for a new wire from the lite to the controller. RAD sends me the wrong wire and asks for pictures. They are AMAZED that they sent me the wrong wire!! They sent a front cable..Duh... I even sent them pic's..We never Never NEVER discussed the cables from the front of the bike.. ?WTF?
From Rad power:

"Hi Mitch,
The wiring harness we sent runs from the front of the bike to the controller it appears you are looking at the connections from the controller to the rear of the bike."

I mean where is their head at?  Then they proceed to try to sell me a controller.. If I can fix the problem with a $20 cable why would I want a new controller? Needless to say I'm a bit dissatisfied with Rad customer service or lack there of...
YMMV
mitch

Tony

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 03:04:35 PM »
How old is this bike Mitch ?

mitch96

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2021, 05:03:24 PM »
How old is this bike Mitch ?
It's about a 2020... I got it "pre owned" a few months ago so I don't know it's exact vintage.
mitch

Tony

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2021, 09:44:14 AM »
Mine is also 2020 model but still under warranty so they supplied me a new back light which didn’t solve the problem. Then a new controller which did solve the problem. At no cost to me.  The 35 amp controller is really worth it performance wise, it’s night and day difference if you have to pay for a controller do it. 

mitch96

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2021, 12:30:23 PM »
The 35 amp controller is really worth it performance wise, it’s night and day difference if you have to pay for a controller do it.

Already ordered a new 35amp controller. I was gonna do it anyway and this little hiccup kinda sorta pushed me along.. Seems Rad has a controller problem?? Are they "out of control?" ;D
mitch

Veggyhed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2021, 06:40:35 AM »
Have you tried undoing all the zip ties on the brake light lead and seeing if you still come up with the error?

mitch96

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2021, 12:40:38 PM »
Have you tried undoing all the zip ties on the brake light lead and seeing if you still come up with the error?

Do you think the zip ties are choking off the electrons? ;D I guess if there was a broken wire in the cable unzipping them and moving them around might show the problem.. Or just ohm out the cable with a meter. BTW two days and no word from Rad.. Busy is good.
mitch

Veggyhed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2021, 11:09:10 PM »
Yes in a way I do think the zip ties are  "choking the electrons". Probably more likely feedback for my field like when you wrap copper wire to make a magnet.
I don't think the insulation is very good around the wiring for the lights. This is kind of happened to me was coiling the wire together and zip tying it to get it out of the way.
Cut the zip ties

« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 11:16:10 PM by Veggyhed »

mitch96

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2021, 05:38:11 AM »
Yes in a way I do think the zip ties are  "choking the electrons".Cut the zip ties

As I expected, been there done that, no joy... Cable is back ordered at RAd..
Push comes to shove I'll just ohm it out and see if there is continuity.. Satisfies my OCD of having to check the results of a problem two different ways..
m

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2021, 05:38:11 AM »