News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

radwagon 4 tires

Started by ejonesss, June 11, 2023, 06:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

ejonesss

seeing that radpowerbikes.com is out of stock on replacement tires and some people claiming that the Shinko SR241 18x2.75 tire fits since rad uses the outside diameter for the size and the auto and motorcycle industry uses the rim diameter makes me wonder if other ebikes like lectric and such has tires that would fit even if they call them something else?

the radwagon 4 rim is 18 inch diameter so i wonder if any other ebike brand uses 18 by 3 or something tires.

handlebar

It's worse than that. Radpower doesn't really use outside diameter to describe its custom tires.

Look for the ISO number on the tire. It should be something like 75-457. Those are millimeters. The second number is bead diameter. That's a way of stating rim diameter. The first number is width between sidewalls. If it's not pretty close to OEM, say 10%, the bead may unseat when you ride.

I thought I'd found an alternative to my Radrunner custom tires. The rim diameter was right, but the tire was 30% narrower than advertised. I hadn't gone 100 feet when the tube began to squeeze past the bead.