News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Battery Slot Burned Out

Started by ChopChop, May 30, 2023, 02:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

ChopChop

Hi,

I have had on of the slots on the battery burn out.  I notice the issue because the battery was exceptionally difficult to remove from the tray.  It was melted together.  The slot contact somehow failed and melted the plastic housing around it.

I am trying to figure out if this is a Warranty issue, but I can't get RAD to respond.  I issued a customer service request and they closed it without talking to me.

Has anyone seen this issue?  Any advice on how to reach RAD for an answer on Warranty question or what I should do?  These batteries are pretty expensive. If it is not warranty, then I'll look into fixing the part that failed.  The batter still seems to charge and work, just this faulty slot.

ChopChop

Update on this. I managed to get Rad's online customer service people to respond by calling several stores and asking if anyone was going to respond.

They decided the battery failure is a warranty item and the new battery is on the way.

I did also buy a new battery from unit power pack which hasn't arrived yet.

JimInPT

Congratulations!  Hope this is the end of your problems.  Did you ask them about what's going on with the company and customer service, by any chance?  I don't think I've seen any articles or comments from the company about their issues and status.

Did you get to keep the old battery?  If so, you might get it back into service by cannibalizing another dead one for the part(s) that failed on yours.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.