News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad Power Bikes Enhanced Comfort Saddle?

Started by Ryan, December 20, 2020, 05:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Ryan

A few weeks ago Rad quietly announced the "Enhanced Comfort Saddle" - basically an upgraded seat sold directly from Rad. Curious if anyone has purchased, would love to hear what you think. I covered it here and hope to try it out for myself at some point: https://ebikeescape.com/rad-power-bikes-enhanced-comfort-saddle-seat/

Altema

It definitely looks more comfortable than the stock Rad seat, but I think there's better options. I have a Cloud 9 Cruiser select Airflow, but am considering getting something even more comfy for looong rides this summer. Right now, my battery range lasts longer than the time I want to sit on the seat!

sc00ter

Seats are always a personal thing. I discovered Sella Royal cruiser seats at Wally World for fair prices. Plus side is their still made in Italy, so their real deal Sella seats. I got the biggest one Wally sells, Gypsy if I recall (its raining out right now). The Sella gets a 8 outta 10 from me. The best seat I ever found was a Super Soft brand beach cruiser seat. It had 'Super Soft, Ahhhhh' written across the back. No longer made but it was more flat and I loved it. Found a current made Schwinn seat, also sold a Wallys, that "looks" like my old Super Soft seat. If you take the gamble on a sub-$40 seat and don't like it, donate to a bike charity. They always need good condition seats.

Bonus were the old Emory and early Worksman couch seats! Those things ruled! PUCH mopeds had a good seat as well but it's a pain to convert it to fit a regular bicycle seat post. 

Altema

Hmm, they sell the Sella Royal Cruiser seat on Amazon for $44 in the US. I was trying to avoid the old fashioned spring look, but it may be worthwhile.

Altema

I know a bike shop that has something similar to the Sella for sale. I rode there today, 8 miles each way in thick slush and rain, only to find the store closed, lol.